advertise

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students > Bcom >

B.Com(A&F) - ICAI+IGNOU

Pages : 1 2 3 4

CA Final , Intern

[ Scorecard : 1095]
Posted On 06 October 2010 at 17:13 Report Abuse

I received a PM asking for the application form and prospectus of this particular course.

I'm sharing it here so that anyone who wants information on this topic could benefit.

Frequently Asked Questions :

1.Who are eligible to join this special programme to be announced by the IGNOU?

Ans. Candidates who fulfill the following three conditions are eligible for admission to this programme:

1. 10+2 or its equivalence

2. Common Proficiency Test (CPT) certificate from ICAI

3. Registration in Professional Competence Course (First Stage of Chartered Accountancy) of ICAI

Application form shall contain relevant registration details of the student with the ICAI.

2. Is this course available to a person who is not studying first stage of chartered accountancy?

Ans. No. A student who is studying Professional Competence Course / Professional Education (Course –II)

or who has passed Professional Competence Examination / or Professional Education (Examination –II)

/ Intermediate Examination conducted by the ICAI can join this course.

3. What will happen if a student cannot pass first stage of chartered accountancy course and / or

fails to complete 3 years of articleship training ? Will he/ she lose the credit of subject passed under

the special B.Com. course ?

Ans. On application, the IGNOU will admit such a student to its regular B.Com course. He / she will get full

benefit of the subjects already passed as these subjects also form part of the regular B.Com course which

comprises of 96 credit courses.

4. Will the student stated in Question 3 get any benefit for passing Group - I / Group –II of the

first stage of chartered accountancy course and passing computer training / information technology

training programme ?

Ans. The MOU does not cover these aspects. The co-ordination committee of the ICAI – IGNOU may take

decision on these issues at a later stage.

Download the attachment for a complete Frequently asked questions.

Attached File : 11 7547bcom faq ignouca.pdf downloaded 1710 times

Total thanks : 3 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Amar Kumar
CA Final , Intern

Posted On 06 October 2010 at 17:14

Download the Application form for B.Com(A&F) 

Attached File : 26 file 4.pdf downloaded 2145 times

Total thanks : 4 times

Amar Kumar
CA Final , Intern

Posted On 06 October 2010 at 17:18

The Complete Prospectus and Application form were divided into 5 parts

The one in the message above is part 5 containing the application form . . I'm attaching other parts in this message.

Attached File : 3 part 1 4.zip downloaded 1013 times

Total thanks : 3 times

shijin
articled assistant ca final

[ Scorecard : 68]
Posted On 17 October 2010 at 09:11

THANK U AMAR.... for sharing ......

Sushant Lohani
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 1043]
Posted On 17 October 2010 at 21:12

When did u get enrolled for Ignou bcom with icai?

I too am its student and am regretting it.

Friends; don't go for this bcom esp if u are from pe2/ipcc scheme. You have to finish 3 years articleship to get the bcom degree. Even the process of how to get the final degree certificate isn't clear as our 3 years of articleship can get completed any time during the calendar year. The grade cards on the net and marks of exam are never ever on time. I still haven't got the grade card/marks sheet of dec2009 TEE.

The biggest disadvantage is that this will disable you from doing CPA/CFA(maybe) and PG courses outside india.

regarding my case; i too got in in upper half of 80s in class 12 exams and 149 in cpt.58pc in pcc and final is next year. 3 years articleship finishes in march and i still am clueless about getting the final degree certificate as i don't live in delhi to visit the ignou HO. Regional centres are not cooperative; and u get reminded of sarkari babus of 80s.

nishant gautam
student

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 20 December 2010 at 16:17

is this b.com degree  valid for appearing in other examinations e.g:bank p.o......

Sushant Lohani
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 1043]
Posted On 20 December 2010 at 20:35

indian exams,it is.But they will prefer students of regular college.

Nikhil Thacker
-

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 24 February 2011 at 16:21

Thanks a lot amar.. it was really helpful..

bhinang tejani
wannu b a ranker

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 25 March 2011 at 18:36

I have cleared my CA  IPCC in Nov 2010 so my CA FInal exam will get due on Nov 2013 so can i do B.com from IGNOU university now..?? n i ll get my CA certificate in time or not even if there is delay in TY B.com certificate from ignou.

CA Sahil Singla..
Service Tax

[ Scorecard : 3659]
Posted On 25 March 2011 at 18:44

now there is no such delay..u will get ur degree easily 

There are 35 Replies to this message

Related Files