Attention PE-II Students (9th-Oct-09)

Jeeth Kochar (AUDIT EXECUTIVE) (92 Points)

09 October 2009  

Dear Friends,

The following were the queries regarding PE-II to IPCC which i mailed to one Mr. Ravishankar Asst. Secretary of BOS. And his replies are followed by my queries. Thought this would be useful to PE-II students, hence posted this.(mailed on 8th-Oct-09 and got reply on 9th-Oct-09)

Dear sir,

Kindly clarify me the following

I - PE-2 student completed one of the 2 groups, and converted to IPCC: 

1. Will he be eligible to apply for articles?   Or
   2. He will have to clear the first group in IPCC in-spite of clearing one group in PE-2 for articles?

II - PE-2 student not completed either of the groups and converted to IPCC:

1. Exemption from 9 months study course for May-2010 attempt?   

Dear Student,
I.
1. No. Students who have passed one of the group in PE-II have to appear and pass remaining papers of IPCC under 'Unit Scheme' to pass in group I of IPCC so as to start his articleship. Details of units are available in IPCC prospectus or may be referred to IPCC examination application form.

2. Student have to pass remaining papers of IPCC in Group I under 'Unit Scheme' examination to pass Group I of IPCC. - Please refer prospectus or examination application of IPCC.

II.
1. Student who has not passed any of the group in PE-II have to appear and pass both groups in IPCC to register for Final course.
Regarding exemption of 9 months study course period in IPCC, you have to watch regulary for an announcement at the relevant time.
For your information the relaxation of nine months study course period is given to all students who converted from Intermediate/ PE-II/ PCC to IPCC for November, 2009 examination.
I hope the same may be extended to May, 2010 exam also. Watch regularly our web site for an announcement in this regard,
Hope above will clarify the position.