AS 3 and NBFCs - urgent

student

There is a Non-Deposit Accepting NBFC (Company).

Accounting Standard -3 Cash Flow Statement is applicable for Level 1 Enterprises only.

The company does not have the 50 crores turnover in the preceding Accounting period for applying AS3.

Is my NBFC  a "Financial Institution" for getting applied AS-3.

What is "Financial Institution"  for applying AS-3?

CA

The term "Financial Institution" has been defined in Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Rules, 1975.

the term 'financial institution' shall mean:-  
(a) a public financial institution specified in or under section 4A of the Companies Act, 1956 ;  
(b) a State Financial, Industrial or Investment Corporation ;  
(c) the State Bank of India or a subsidiary bank as defined in the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959 (38 of 1959) ;  
(d) a nationalized bank, that  is to say, a corresponding new bank as defined in section 2 of :-  
(i)  the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970 (5 of 1970) ; or  
(ii) the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1980 (40 of 1980);  
(e) the General Insurance Corporation of India established in pursuance of the provisions of section 9 of the General Insurance Business (Nationalization) Act, 1972 (57 of 1972);  
(f) the Industrial Reconstruction Corporation of India; or  
(g) any other Institution which the Central Government may, by 
notification, specify in this behalf.  

It may be noted that Statement on the Companies (Auditor's Report ) Order, 2003 issued by ICAi, it was stated in Para 22 that "Non-Banking Financial Company" is not a financial institution.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x
  SHARE THIS