Articleship leave workings as per institute's rules

Go green (ICAI) (666 Points)

12 October 2011  

The following is a live example of one of my friends. Please go through it and give your views. find the excel file attached for better understanding.

Leave Workings:

1. Period served              
From To No. of days            
23-Aug-10 27-Apr-11 247            
Since both the date of commencement as well the date of termination of Articleship should be included, the actual number of days served  is 248 days (247+1)

2. Leave availed details:              
(i) Prerparation leave for IPCC Group 2  Examinations:          
From To No. of days            
5-Oct-10 25-Nov-10 51            
Since both the first day as well the last day of the leave period should be included, the actual number of days in leave  is 52 days (51+1)
(ii) Other leave:              
Month No. of Days              
August 0              
September 1              
October 1              
November 0              
December 0              
January 2              
February 3              
March 4              
April 1              
Total 12              

Total leave 64              

According to Regulation 59 of CA Regulations, 1988, appearance for the Examinations conducted by ICAI Should not be considered as leave including intervening holidays.
I have appeared for my IPCC Group 2 Exams from November 11, 2010 to November 21, 2010 i.e., 11 days  
Hence the actual no. of days in leave is:  53          

3. Calculations of compensatory leave to be granted:          
Accordind to Regulation 60, CA Regulations, 1988, Compensatory leave should be granted when worked in excess of 35 hours in a week.
No. of working days during the period served: 184        
Equivalent weeks: 26.28571429        
No. of hours to be granted as compensatory leave for working in excess of 35 hours in a week: 210.2857
No. of weeks to be granted as compensatory leave for working in excess of 35 hours in a week: 6.008163
No. of days to be granted as compensatory leave for working in excess of 35 hours in a week: 42

During the entire period, I have worked on Saturdays twice (once on September 18, 2010 for Statutory Audit at RCC and the other time on April 9, 2011 for Bank Audit reports related work at our office)
Hence the number of days to be granted as compensatory leave is:  44    

Number of Days to be shown as leave in Form 109: 9