close x

articleship

articles asst.

Are we suppose to receive stipend during exam leave period?

If no stipend is received during exam leave should such leave be considered in leave calculation ?

you can also reply me on my email id (rbhane @ rediffmail.com)

stipend received or not received dose not matter of leave calulation and u can  receiv your stipend. 

Mostly stipend wil be paid by d principal during exam leaves. But as far as i knw, stipend recpt s nt related to calculation of  leave or excess leave taken during article ship.

chk out d attachment.

Attached File : 16 56 29 leave calculator.xls downloaded 287 times

Chartered Accountant/ CFP / B.com(AF)/ NCFM

WELL REEMA,I'D SUGGEST U TO ASK THIS QUESTION FROM THE ICAI OFFICIALS,ONLY THEY CAN PROVIDE THE CONFIRMED ANSWER, ALL OTHER CAN ONLY GUESS................

POST UR QUESTION AT "E-SAHAYATAA"

Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!

Articled Assistants are supposed to receive stipends throughout, except for the excess leave period, as per regulation 48, here -

http://icai.org/resource_file/14494student_manual_27.pdf

Other regulations here -

http://icai.org/post.html?post_id=734&c_id=117 

Your Principal might not give you stipend during your leave period, if you have already used up your leave quota, or just like that, but might give it just before signing of completion of articles, if you have any balance left.

Receipt or Non-Receipt of stipend is irrelevant to calculation of leave. If non-receipt of stipend in any month led to not counting of leave, then people could have dummy for free.. ;) Couldn't they??

Anyway, as suggested above, better confirm it with ICAI, here -

http://www.icai.org/help/

article assistant

can anyone tell me if the leave taken is to be netted off with the credits i have  ... in case i work on saturdays in a months . say 4 saturdays.. n then i take 4 days leave... now to calculate leave in the articleship period whether i have to take 4 or 0 in the no of leave taken column

Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!

If Saturday/s or any day/s which are followed as holiday/s in your firm, then they can be adjusted against your total number of leaves,  if you worked on those days.

There is no such rule, at least as per my observation, but your Principal can adjust that.

CMA, B.Com, CA Final,

if you work sundays or say you have been working beyon 6.00 pm upto 7 or 8 pm for a number of days, you can adjust leave taken against total such days or hours worked in excess, than regular, this has been stated by icai in training guide.

article assistant

thanks anirban n sidd for the reply... all the best for your future

There is no specific rule that the stipend should be paid during leave period, it all depends on your principle. Also the stipend has no relation with calculation of number of days worked, it should be fair calculation based on the number of days you actually worked. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :