Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law > Resolutions >

Appointment of Director in a Private Comapny

Pages : 1 2

[ Scorecard : 173]
Posted On 14 January 2009 at 17:32 Report Abuse

Please some one help me. What is the procedure for appointment of director of a private limited company with salary and without salary? Please mail me the specimen resolution for the same and it is necessary to approve the shareholders. I am confusing about what is the procedure. Is it conducting a EGM for that or board resolution is enough for that appointment. and also tell me what are the eforms to be filed with registrar of companies. Advance thanks for replies

Thanking You

S.Mohan

My mail id is - harismohan @ gmail.com

Total thanks : 1 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Pavan Jain S
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 1459]
Posted On 15 January 2009 at 11:32

Directors of private limited company can be appointed by Board of Directors of Company. No approval of shareholders is required. The Company has to file e form 32 with the ROC witihin a period of 30 days from the date of appointment.

Total thanks : 3 times

Harismohan

[ Scorecard : 173]
Posted On 16 January 2009 at 23:34

Originally posted by :Harismohan
"

Please some one help me. What is the procedure for appointment of director of a private limited company with salary and without salary? Please mail me the specimen resolution for the same and it is necessary to approve the shareholders. I am confusing about what is the procedure. Is it conducting a EGM for that or board resolution is enough for that appointment. and also tell me what are the eforms to be filed with registrar of companies. Advance thanks for replies

Thanking You

S.Mohan

My mail id is - harismohan @ gmail.com

Please give me specimen resolution for the the above matter

"

Deepak Jain
CA

[ Scorecard : 67]
Posted On 18 February 2009 at 17:25

As per Article 72 of Table A which is reproduced below we can appoint them as an additional director in board minute (Meeting of Director) and confirm their appointment in next Annual General Meeting (Meeting of Shareholders)

72 BOARD OF DIRECTORS

(1) The Board shall have power at any time, and from time to time, to appoint a person as an additional director, provided the number of the directors and additional directors together shall not at any time exceed the maximum strength fixed for the Board by the articles.

(2) Such person shall hold office only up to the date of the next annual general meeting of the company but shall be eligible for appointment by the company as a director at that meeting subject to the provisions of the Act.

Deepak Jain
CA

[ Scorecard : 67]
Posted On 18 February 2009 at 17:29

The board discussed for appointment of Mr Zhandu Singh as additional directors of the company and passed following resolutions unanimously.

“Resolved that Mr Zhandu Singh be and is hereby appointed a director of the company.”

Gargi Ranade
CS

[ Scorecard : 604]
Posted On 19 February 2009 at 09:37

The Chairman placed before the meeting a nomination letter dated ________given by any shareholder  for nominating Mr. _____as Directors of the Company.

The Board, after discussion, passed the following resolutions:-

"RESOLVED THAT pursuant to Article mention required article no of your co of the Articles of Association, Mr.__________ be and is hereby appointed as additional Director/Director in casual vacancy of the Company to hold office till the next Annual General Meeting.”

The Chairman welcomed Mr.__________ on  the Board.

Shridhi Jain
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 1645]
Posted On 04 August 2009 at 11:39

I m on this site for the first time for a help. Actually i need the draft board resolution for the appointment of whole time director and independent director in a public ltd co. Kindly help me.

Malav Shah
Company Secretary and AVP Legal

[ Scorecard : 171]
Posted On 04 August 2009 at 14:16

Hi 

Resolution for apointment of WTD attached. Resolution for appointment of Director is a standard resolution. There is no seperate resolution for appointment of Independent director.

Regards

Malav 

Attached File : 26 resolution wtd remuneration.doc downloaded 4713 times

Ankur Shah
Law Manipulator

[ Scorecard : 2652]
Posted On 05 August 2009 at 14:56

Director can be appointed in the board meeting also.

So, it is not compulsory to hold the EGM.

Just, Conduct the board meeting & pass the resolution for appointment.

-------

Ankur Shah (Practicing Company Secretary)

“Guru Gautam” Bungalow, Inside Parshwa Tower,

Nr. Shyamal Cross Road, 132ft. Ring Road,

Satellite, Ahmedabad – 15

E-mail: ankurjewel @ gmail.com

Blog: csankur @ blogspot.com

Ankur Garg
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer

[ Scorecard : 96048]
Posted On 06 August 2009 at 11:02

Hi,

Please find attach herewith a file containing some useful resolutions for your record and reference.

Regards

Attached File : 37 sample resolutions very useful.doc downloaded 11804 times

Total thanks : 12 times

There are 13 Replies to this message

Related Files