Annual general meeting with shorter notice

NIDHI KAPOOR (sxacacac) (82 Points)

19 August 2010  

Hi everyone........

This is my very first query on this forum and my question relates to Annual general meeting at shorter notice.

Illustration:  Suppose an AGM is on 21st september and the board meeting for approving the shorter notice of the same is on 19th september.

Now my question is :

If this can take place ,if yes then what will be the documentation before and after the AGM and Also:

a) Can we hold the board meeting and the agm on the same day.

b)  does the shorter notice needs to come in the AGM minutes too.

c)   If are holding the BM on 19 for approving the shorter notice and getting the shareholders consent then

how the shorter notice could be sent by post within two days of the AGM as the AGM is on 21st. 

Secondly - it is ulnlisted public company having 11 shareholders among whom two of them are foreign shareholders living abroad from whom we know that we will not be getting the consent of the shorter notice. and also they have not given their any communication address  in india to which the shorter notice coulld be sent , then in that case can we hold the  AGM without their Consent?