All about isca- myths v/s facts

(Guest)

today i am writing about a subject which is misunderstood by 90% of the students. yeah isca, a nightmare for students. let me first of all narrate my experience and then i will talk about prep strategy, notes and coaching.

i appeared for isca paper first time in nov 2014 attempt and failed miserably by scoring 25 marks . please carefully see the reason :

when i was a fresher i took advice from my seniors for isca who got passsed, they told me that i have only one option left, i.e  , to memorise the language of isca module word by word. THIS WAS THE BLUNDER I MADE, in the quest of learning language i landed no where in exams, because everything got mixed up and language toh door ki baat , I was hardly able to recall correct heading points in exam hall.

then i decided to go by my own strategy... with 20 days of self study (3 hrs per day) i managed to score 61 marks by attempting 65 marks paper in may 2015 attempt which was the toughest paper of isca in last 10 attempts.

what i did was :-

• referred to sumit shankar notes in which he has used all key words of module
  • forgot everything about language
  • learned only the heading points of each and every question by using memory techniques like mnemonics and acronyms
  • ensured that no mismatch occured between what question was asking and what heading points i was answering
  • wrote the details of all points in my own language, but only the key words were mentioned from the module
  • double underlined the key words and also underlined heading points
  • wrote the details of each heading point in 4 to 5 sub points of short length
  • use dotted lines for underling key words in sub points
  • did not fill unneceassary details like that of b.com exams

THE REASON MOST OF THE students don't score well in exams is that they MISMATCH THE question and answer in exam, i.e write the heading points of another question in the asked question and then start sppreading rumors about the module language...

NOW comes the coaching part -

SWAPNIL PATNI

HE is the undisputed hot favorite of 90% students who just want 3 things - 

1. ENTERTAINMENT
  2. ENTERTAINMENT AND 
  3. ENTERTAINMENT

HE is a fantastic actor with diverse acting skills, shows off well , and encylopedia of general knowledge...oh sorry practical knowledge.cheeky

please understand that you can't write that general knowledge in exams. heading points and key points have to come from module only. moreover he gives his book, i call it GUINESS BOOK, which he gives to students and says - " ye samajhne ke liye hai, na ki yaad karne ke liye " .laugh what a joke....

some students say that he gives summary notes which can be easily learnt. but friends please realise that it does not cover all the topics and does not cover any key word of module. my 10 friends scored 20 -30 marks by referring to his summary module in may 2015 attempt .

in may 2015 attempt, out of his 5000 students , only 20 students got exemptions and 90 % students failed and even then he is hot favorite.. the reason is that 3 chapters in isca are of 5 th class level- 

1.  information system concepts
  2.  emerging technologies
  3. bcp /drp

he made to learn these chapters to students well and students think he is a hero. believe me friends, these topics are 1 day stuff for self study.

he takes 120 hours of coaching class for such a short syllabus which could be covered by a teacher within 35 hours. even then students don't score well and blame institute and think that they have knowledge and even then icai is not passing them.

this is because he tells his students not to waste time in revising the subject on their own. Friends don't play with your life by not devoting time on your own at home, because please understand  that our brain functions on its own, how you can leave it in the hand of a teacher and believe that he will make you learn everything by hpnotising you...  if you want to take coaching then go for fast track course which can be completed within 35 hrs, any teacher who takes more duration than this, is making you a fool just to mint money....

SUPPOSE you take 35 hrs coaching , then please devote at least 70 hrs of self prep. in revising and learning. with 105 hrs of sudy you can score exemption . it is better than spending 120 hrs without exemption.

dinesh madan

he is a honest man but least relevant for exams, so don't join him

CAUTION

REMEMBER CA FINAL IS ALL ABOUT TIME MANAGEMENT, THAT'S WHY I AM FOCUSING ON DURATION OF CLASSROOM COACHING. YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO DO COST- BENEFIT ANALYSIS WITH BENEFIT PER HOUR RATIO...