Ahmedabad lad tops ipcc ca exams with 566 marks

CA Hemant Jain (Job) (139 Points)

09 August 2011  

Ahmedabad: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) announced the results of Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and Professional Competence Course (PCC) for May 2011 on Monday.

This year, Amdavadi Valay D Shah, a student of CN Vidyalaya topped the all India results for IPCC. Shah secured 1st rank in the IPCC exams by scoring 566 out of 700. "I am extremely thankful to my tuition teacher Ramesh Thakker and sister Ruchita for helping me achieve my goal," he said.

Ruchita who appeared for her CA finals this year secured 19th rank in the state.

Shah used to devote 11 hours to studies. He had scored 93.57% in class XII and had secured 12th rank in the state. He says India's victory in the World Cup inspired him to achieve his goals.

Out of the 3,301 who appeared for the IPCC exam from the Ahmedabad centre, 25.26% cleared the exam, while of the 1,462 students who appeared for PCC exam, 28.66% students cleared the exam.

At the all India level, 28.94% students cleared IPCC, whereas 29.20% cleared PCC this year. As compared to November 2010, this year IPCC results have increased by around 14%, whereas the results of PCC have increased by around 16%.