Easy Office
LCI Learning

Accounting Voucher

Page no : 2

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 26 April 2011

if we want billwise details then we have to do it , 

unless invoice / bill is posted in tally ERP , all the payments prior to the invoice post are nor placed anywhere, computer is a gadget only which can not think of self

for sake of correct posting, we do take monthly printout of "advance from customers" and "advance to suppliers" and pass the relevant entry to their ledger to regularize the account. 

in voucher narrations we do put the party name for quick identification.

Raj (Assistant) (56 Points)
Replied 28 April 2011

Dear Sharma,

"if we want billwise details then we have to do it "... i can't believe this...Then no need to use computer to keep our accounts... we can keep records mannually...I still believe it is a bug...and easily Correctable...

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 28 April 2011

belive it or not

for my own small company i m still unable to post the entries of purchase through tally purchase entry 

i have 4 types of purchase 

1) purchase of goods direct from excise manufacturer ( cenvat credit/ vat credit is to be separated from gross amount)

2) purchase of goods from excise dealer ( same manner as 1)

3) purchase of goods without excise

4) purchase of goods interstate

more than twentry software personals have visited and advised for diff formula but every 5th dealer invoice creates prob in posting, they calculate excise and vat of their own, and it differs from actuals.

to resolve the issue and to run my business without halt, i post my purchases through journal entry, however i dont get purchase register but purchase ledget columnwise is better than purchase register for summery. 

Sumit (Student) (45 Points)
Replied 28 April 2011

Date 25-feb-2011

Receipt entry-

Bank/cash A/c DR 5000

To Ram Lal A/c               5000

Note -select type of Ref as Advance, Name-Adv

Date 03-march-2011

Sales entry-

As voucher

Ram Lal A/c DR 5000

To sales A/c             5000

Note-select type of Ref as Agst ref, Name-Adv

Thats it..bill wise details are maintained..

Raj (Assistant) (56 Points)
Replied 29 April 2011

Sumit, i think U should read whole thing before commmenting

Replied 29 April 2011

I know exactly what she is asking & what i have replied..
When we make sales entry in tally then new ref of that bill no. stands..And when we receive payment from debtor against that bill then we select that bill no. Ref from against ref & then that bill no. ref gets adjusted & hides from the list..
Now,when we receive advance payment from debtor then its obvious we select ref as advance,but this adv ref stands in the ref list..Similarly when we enter sales entry then new ref of that bill no. Stands in the ref list..In this situation both the ref of adv & sales bill remains standing in ref list..And for adjusting both the ref against each other my last reply is perfect..

1 Like

usha gautam (CA Final Year Student) (38 Points)
Replied 29 April 2011

Thanks Mr. Sumit

You have answered correctly and its really appreciable.

So thanks to you.

Usha Gautam

Replied 29 April 2011

you're welcome @ Usha..

Narendra singh rathore (Article) (26 Points)
Replied 17 June 2016

I'm facing same problem.

Narendra singh rathore (Article) (26 Points)
Replied 17 June 2016

Hii Guys

I have a solution but i dont know wheather it is correct, if wrong plz let me know what will b the problem if we pass the entry like this. 
first of all, we should pass receipt enty(as advance) as on receipt date.

when bill raised than entry of sales invoice passed as on invoice date( as new Ref.)

Now  change the date of receipt entry as the invoice date and adjust the same invoice.

then now change the date of receipt entry as earlier date which was actual receipt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: