Easy Office
LCI Learning

1 in 5 Directors should be a woman

Page no : 2

Raunak (CA Final) (227 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

W8 a minute ther...reservations is totally fine in other areas...i always insist reservations where it is required but reservation in boards is totally absured..!!!

u just cannot make reservations in places where there is only merit required...this is not ethically correct  ..!! reservations in othr exams, othr fields such as army,navy,govt jobs is a must coz there u have to bring empowerement .. but here u just cannot give reservations !! its all based on quality, the capacity...there is nothing like women dont have d capacity...all those u have mentioned like Indra Nooyi..they have come up due to their caliber and not by reservations..!!

Jayashree S Iyer (Company Secretary) (3224 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Dear Raunak,

Absolutely agreed.  I am not writing here for blessed people like Indra Nooyi or for that matter even me who can come upto the Board Level due to our own merits.  But what's the ratio of such BLESSED PEOPLE? 5.3%.

This article is for less FORTUNATE people who are not blessed with BEST OF THINGS, I don't mean economic here.  Nearly 95%.

Again  object of my writing here is not to air my views for or against RESERVATION but to make an appeal to STOP all such SACASTIC remarks without actually appreciating the realilities involved in  the issue.

CA pramod pandey (chartered Accountant) (63 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

fully stupid

1 Like

SANTOSH SHAH (Company Secretary) (754 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Originally posted by : Jayashree S Iyer

Dear Raunak,

Absolutely agreed.  I am not writing here for blessed people like Indra Nooyi or for that matter even me who can come upto the Board Level due to our own merits.  But what's the ratio of such BLESSED PEOPLE? 5.3%.

This article is for less FORTUNATE people who are not blessed with BEST OF THINGS, I don't mean economic here.  Nearly 95%.

Again  object of my writing here is not to air my views for or against RESERVATION but to make an appeal to STOP all such SACASTIC remarks without actually appreciating the realilities involved in  the issue.

Dear All,

Its good to express opinions, but not at the cost of insulting or hurting others sentiments.

Lets Respect Each Other.

The Point here is Reservation of Women among Board of Directors.

I agree with Jayshree Iyer's view.

This is 21st Century , We say men and women are equal.

Why are we restricting our view to Urban Society only?. The Rural People still have this mentality of

criticizing women and making them feel inferior to men even today. The idea of reservation is to make women

come out of household and give them opportunity to be on par with men in the Society. So wats wrong in that?

we say "women are no way less to men "  Is this just a Quote ? 

When it comes to implementation then why are we  raising questions .?

The Point is that " DESERVING CANDIDATE" To be on the Board.

India is basically male dominated country where women % of involvement is less.

There are many deserving candidates but there is no opportunity to explore.

Women like Indira Nooyi & Kiran Mazumdar are fortunate enough who have skill, talent and opportunity

to come out and show world what they are. All wont be lucky enough to have opportunity.

We should not forget that if men are successful at work its not just because they have skill &  intelligence but

also because women take care of household, family.

So lets us be thankful to each other and  give respect & opportunity to both men and women and make

India a Better place to Grow.

Regards

Santosh Shah

1 Like

Madhusudan Kabra (knowledge seeker) (1779 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Women's day....gift h lgta h

1 Like

Shantanu (CA) (406 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

firr to company jaldi he insolvent ho jaayegi

1 Like

SAKET PANDEY (CA FINAL STUDENT) (256 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Originally posted by : Shantanu Jha

firr to company jaldi he insolvent ho jaayegi

Itni bhi insult mat karo Shantanu.

Shantanu (CA) (406 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Kiski Insult na karu?>??? Female Dirs ki yaa fir Company ki???????????

1 Like

Kavitha.S (Company Secretary) (369 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Very Good News 

1 Like

Madhura (CS Trainee) (461 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Reservations in any place are not justified according to me.

Govt think its a women's day gift but I find it insulting.

Though its true that lok Sabha have reservation for women and as i flipped throught previsous comments, I want to tell you guys that , you will never find more than reseverd % women in lok sabha. Men take very well care that no women are elected more than required %.

@ Saket: ignore shantanu and his childish comments, there are more valuable comments and views which can be discussed in this forum.

1 Like

Dhaval K.Toprani (CA-IPCC Student) (1150 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

@ Madam Jayshree Iyer I didn't mean to insult the SC/ST...infact I too belong to the OBC category...My point remains that we cannot have reservations everywhere and as you say that the rural areas need reservations...to that I'd say that they rather need amenities to make full utilisation of those reservations...currently I can without any hesitation say that it is VOTE GAIN...

Take an example

There's this village consisting of the SC/ST population...The local minister there announces reservation in the colleges in urban area some odd kms away...thats it..his job is done as per him and he gets votes...

But u think all those students will benefit?

No, because the basic education is not strong...travelling amenities have not been provided so students cannot travel so long...so it is crucial that they rather give them basic facilities rather than reservations...

Grass-rool level activity is essential...

1 Like

Suresh Prasad (www.aubsp.com) (15630 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

I think it would be better to give some financial support to those who are needy of that and Not give the reservation to any Women/SC/St/OBC ........and any caste.

1 Like

Madhura (CS Trainee) (461 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Originally posted by : Suresh_Smiter

I think it would be better to give some financial support to those who are needy of that and Not give the reservation to any Women/SC/St/OBC ........and any caste.

Very well said Sir!!

1 Like

Replied 14 March 2011

Click for

Sunday ka Funda

Replied 24 March 2011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: