Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT >

'C' form in case of capital goods

Pages : 1

na

[ Scorecard : 62]
Posted On 01 July 2008 at 10:49 Report Abuse

Can one person issue C forms if he purchases Capital Goods In the course of interstate purchase.

One of our client purchase machinery  delhi from other state in this case he shown it as a purchase against C form. But when he went to take the C form from dept, they refused to issue C form on the basis that it is purchase of capital goods which does not eligible for C form ( as our client is working job work so he uses this machin for the purpose of doing job work).

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Sanjeev Kumar
Private

[ Scorecard : 870]
Posted On 01 July 2008 at 11:46

a dealer can purchase machinery i.e. capital goods against C form subject to following canditions: 1. dealer should be a manufacturer of taxable goods and that item should be mentioned in registration certificate and / or intimation to be file before AO within 30 days from the date of purchase of that goods. in your case if job work is subject to VAT under WCT then the dealer is eligible for C form and if job work is not subject to VAT i.e. only labour contract, it is NOT eligible.  

Ajay Manchanda

[ Scorecard : 19]
Posted On 20 August 2008 at 21:31

our case is similar to as discussed above. The sales tax authorities are not issuing the C form for purchase of capital goods. we are constructing a hotel for which we have purchased the capital goods. As the sales from hotel/restuarant  will be subject to vat. can w claim the Concessional tax on c form. If there is any notifcation, circular, case laws please mention.

we are assessed under Punjab vat Act.

(Guest)
Posted On 02 December 2008 at 13:53

Can we will be laible for VAT for the purchase of capital goods against C form under Works Contract Tax?

Thanks

Manoj Kr. Singh

Mithlesh Kumar
Branch Manager

[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 12 October 2009 at 21:24

Dear Sir,

One of My client have (p) Ltd Co. He Has starting manufaturing of Feed and  other items but Feed are exsamted from VAT  be may say selling of Goods partly  taxable. my Q. is for manufaturing of above goods company purchase   machinery ,for this machine  client can collect "c" form  Deptt.   or deptt. issue "c" form for these transections

And client can take registartion on this basis under JVAT

Thanks & Regard

Th

Mohanraj
commercial officer

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 17 November 2009 at 14:03

Whether C Form is eligible for purhcase of welding consumables by manufacturer who is doing job work (fabrication)

NAND KISHORE
ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 15 September 2012 at 12:36

We are a dealer of  Automobiles parts & Vehicle also in Delhi. We purchase a Generator for our workshop to other state. can I purchase it against Form C;

sunil
Senior Manager

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 10 August 2013 at 17:02

we are one of the developer (Ltd Firm) what are the formalities to take the C form and please confrim what are the uses of C form. I hv only basic knowledge that C form will be used in to save the tax part only.

Yashwin Karmali
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 43]
Posted On 03 October 2013 at 11:53

I am from Goa working as accountant in pvt ltd Company.

MY company constructed a five stared hotel in Goa with around   80 Rooms. I Want to purchase TVs, ACs, Furniture, Refrigerator for use of Tourist and hotel Users Against form c. My question is whether Form  C can be issued for purchase  the said above Material for Concession Rate. I want to purchase from   other state like Maharashtra and Karnataka. it is interstate purchase.

Thanking You 

There are 8 Replies to this message

Related Files