Sign-in to your account
Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.
SERVICE TAX IN BRIEF
1. Service Tax Rules,1994
2. Service Tax (Advance Ruling) Rules, 2003
3. Cenvat Credit Rules, 2004
4. Export of Services Rules, 2005
5. Service Tax (Registration of Special Category of Persons) Rules, 2005
6. Authority of Advance Rulings (Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax) Procedure Regulations, 2005
7. Taxation of Services (Provided from outside
8. Service Tax (Determination of Value) Rules, 2006
9. Work Contract (Composition Scheme for Payment of Service Tax) Rules, 2007
Value of Goods or Materials (supported by documentary evidence) sold to the recipient of service subject to following conditions :
(i) Service provider has not availed credit under Cenvat Credit Rules, 2004 for such inputs or capital goods sold; or
(ii) In case such credit is availed by service provider; the amount equal to such credit is paid before sale of such goods or material.
1. Application for be made in Form ST-1 within 30 days from the date when service tax is levied.
2. For Input Service Distributor it is within 30 days from the commencement of business.
3. When service crosses Rs.9 Lacs, application to be made within 30 days.
4. Exceptions to Registration :
a. Insurance Agents
b. Taxable services provided by any person from a country other than
c. Taxable services provided by GTA in relation to transport of goods by road in goods carriage where either consignor or consignee of goods is any factory registered,
d. Agent of Mutual Fund
e. Sponsorship services provided to any body corporate or firm (Recipient is to get registered).