Income tax/Fbt Central board of excise & custom(CBEC) has
started new single page challan to deposit central excise or service tax named
as GAR 7/TR-6 from 01.04.07 onwards.
Accounting System In Excise and Service Tax(EASIEST)
The EASIEST is the system for electronic transmission of challan data from Banks
in respect of Central Excise and Service
payments. It envisages that a single GAR 7 challan would be
used for payment of Central Excise and Service Tax instead of the earlier four
challans. The salient features of the EASIEST scheme are:
1.The collecting branch captures information in the challan including a
15-character assessee code and a unique Challan Identification Number (CIN)(20digit)which
is a combination of the: -----BSR code of the collecting bank branch(seven
---challan tender date (eight digit)
---challan serial number. (five digit)
2. Single page challan form instead of earlier 4 page.
3. Payment can be verified online form dept/nsdl website
Fillable challan GAR-7 can be downloaded from link given below in
BEFORE DOWNLOAD USE PREPRINTED FORM GIVEN BELOW
3. The total amount tendered should be written both in words and figures.
4. The details filled in the challan and ‘Taxpayer’s Counterfoil’ should be
5. The Receiving Bank Branch Stamp should contain the following:
i) BSR code of the receiving Bank Branch (7 digits)
ii) Date of Deposit of Challan (DDMMYYYY) (8 digits)
iii) Challan Serial Number (5 digits)