Investing gains in boundary wall and house construction?? please help

for ebay (72 Points)

22 March 2021  
My father has 2 brothers (all senior citizens) and all have collectively decided to sell their joint property (ancestral property) for 24 lakhs {8 lakh each}

Now purchaser has given a cheque of Rs. 3Lakh today as advance and remaining on the deed of sale {5Lakh} around june/july 2021.

Now my question is.... this money is divided into 2 FYs... So how to show this 3Lakh advance while filing ITR for FY 20-21 or does he need to show the full transaction in the next FY (FY 21-22) when he will receive the full payment.

Also my father has a plot of land, can the capital gains amount (after CII) or the total amount of 8 lakhs can be used by him to construct a pucca boundary wall across the land and a house that will most probably be half constructed as in 8 lakhs its not possible to complete a RCC HOUSE along with pucca boundary wall.

Also my father doesn't have additional money to contribute for new house construction.... So is it allowed even if the house is half constructed and slowly in the near future we may build it bit by bit.

Kindly suggest... Thanx in adv and God bless :)