Tds on epf as uan is not linked.

Jaffervali Shaik (3 Points)

19 August 2019  

Dear Expert,
I worked for a company company1 from 2011 oct to 2015 May , and have one UAN ie UAN1
I quit Company1 and joined Comapny2 and working till now.. 
But when I was trying to link the company1 UAN I had name mismatch issue.. could not resolve this issue. then My new company ie Company2 created a new UAN ie UAN2. This is active from 2015 may till date.

Actually I am active contributor of PF for 2011 Oct to till now. But as I could not link the old UAN to new org.

I am facing issues. ie I withdrew first company PF around 5 lakshs in 2018 june.  Here there was 10% deducted from the 5 lakshs , second now this is coming under taxable income of 2019 -20 assessment year.

totally I am losing here 50 thousands as 10 % tds on 5 lakhs. Now with this 4.5 lakshs is coming as taxable income and my tax slab is 30% slab. So I had to pay another 1 lakh 35 thousands.  ie totally I had to pay 1 lakh 85 thousands tax on PF withdrawal. As I am yet to file my returns now kindly help me to resolve this issue.  I am still working and I was given two UAn's at the same time.. which lead to this huge loss to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaffer Vali Shaik