Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the autonomous body that conducts various kind of examinations for the recruitment process of the candidate for various kind of posts in Ministries and Departments of Indian Government. Ministry of Home Affairs, Central Government Departments, State Government Departments, etc. are some of the departments of Government that recruits on the basis of the Recruitment process conducted by SSC.
Staff Selection Commission is an attached association to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). It takes control of the training and recruitment of the officers and various personnel for the posts of Indian Government. The commission is head by 4 member team out of which one is the Chairman of the Commission, two other members and a Secretary – cum – controller of the examination. SSC Conducts various Examinations for various posts.
Examinations Conducted by SSC
Following examinations are conducted by SSC.
- Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL)
- SSC CHSL
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) Examination (SSC JE)
- Lower Division Grade Limited Department Competitive Examination (SSC LDGL)
- Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) – (SSC MTS)
- Scientific Assistant Examination (SSC SA)
- SSC GD Constable in CAPF, NIA, SSF Examination (SSC GD Constable)
- SSC Direct Recruitment
- Stenographers Grade C&D Examination (SSC Steno)