Sap FICO and CAs

Senior Business Analyst

Really Very Much Worth Content.

CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh)

Hi sheli,   very good non, Thanks for such a valuable information posted about sap for ca.. i would like to know about career prospects after completing this course .. i m qualified ca and have experience in mfg co. of around 1.5 year

SAP Functional Consultant

Nice Thread.... Keep it updated :)

I COMPLETED MY CA INTER . . I WANT TO DO SAP FICO CERTIFICATION ... THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DONT HAVE ANY DEGREE . . IS DEGREE REQUIRED TO GET A JOB IN MNC'S PLEASE GIVE ME A SUGGESTION . .

THANKS 

IN ADAVANCE 

Internal auditor

thanks for posting this .  

Sir currently i had completed cost and mgt. accountant so is that any scope to do Sap with that particular degree

SAP Business Consultant

Dear Ramana, There's no degree requirement as such. If you are a graduate and carrying exposure in SAP FICO (whether user or consultant), you are good to go. However, to be able to appear for the certification, you should have 1 year implementation experience in SAP. The other way around is to get admission in SAP authorised education partners. They will give you classroom training and prepare you for certification. Only drawback is that this is a very costly work around. Hope this helps Cheers Sheli

(Guest)

I have just completed my B.com (Hons) & CA. IPCC and am pursing my articleship(Ist Year) with a firm that has clients using SAP, Oracle.I have worked on SAP & know its very basics relevant to an auditor. I would also mention that after completing my CA I would intend to work in Management field rather than the Auditing line. Thus I would request you to guide me whether it is good option to do my SAP FI certification from ICAI. Also if you could throw some light on some other certifications that could be viable with the finance field & IT. Another way that I look is that I start preparing for my MBA or would you recommend something else.

Regards,

Mayank

SAP Business Consultant

Originally posted by : Mayank Kripalani
I have just completed my B.com (Hons) & CA. IPCC and am pursing my articleship(Ist Year) with a firm that has clients using SAP, Oracle.I have worked on SAP & know its very basics relevant to an auditor. I would also mention that after completing my CA I would intend to work in Management field rather than the Auditing line. Thus I would request you to guide me whether it is good option to do my SAP FI certification from ICAI. Also if you could throw some light on some other certifications that could be viable with the finance field & IT. Another way that I look is that I start preparing for my MBA or would you recommend something else.

Regards,

Mayank

Hi Mayank

Good to hear from you. If you want to move into management profile rather than auditing then I would recommend you start preparing for MBA. Getting into SAP field will not solve the purpose since this is a rather technical field and you can enter managerial role only after 10 years of experience like any other technical profile.

However, yes SAP gives a consulting exposure wherein you are more exposed to different clients from different industries. The fact remains the same: end of the day you are a technical person. Last but not the least, you are the best person to decide your interest area.

Thanks

Sheli

Hi Ms. Sehrawat,

I have done B.E/ MBA(Finance) and also have a total  work experience 4 years. Right no i am working as a finance excecuitve( in a Manufacturing Company) and my job resposibilities is financial analysis,Costing, Profitability analysis , MIS, Budgeting and forecasting etc. As i am looking for a job change so is it important or necessary for me to have SAP FICO certification or tranning to get a break in companies using SAP, Oracle, Hyperion etc....

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU