Request attention and help with respect to cancellation of iec

Karabi (owner) (21 Points)

10 April 2019  

Hello, need your help please.

My husband applied for IEC in 2013. Recently during one shipment, customs deptt said that he needs to modify IEC and that shud be same as PAN. He applied for modification and he came to know that his old IEC was associated with an incorrect PAN. Due to this, he was asked to apply a fresh IEC. When he went to cancel the old IEC, DGFT Kolkata started harassing him.

First they asked how the old IEC was tagged to a different PAN. Certainly my husband does not have an answer as he did not issue IEC to himself. When he explained that next they asked him to mail them to cancel the old IEC. He did and by that it was 5 PM they asked him to come next day.  He went and he waited for 5 hours after which he was asked to submit proof of his buisness address, he was not carrying as this was not asked last time, so he came back and next day ordeal went on. He was asked why he uploaded Trade Lic instead of any other address proof. The CA who uploaded Trade lic to obtain new IEC confirms that they accept Trade lic. We uploaded partnership deed in support of address proof today a few hours back. Pls can you tell us how long does it take to reflect that in DGFT system?

That day went by and then again he was asked to submit a hard copy to request for cancellation for old IEC which was already submitted by him over e mail. This torture is continuing with him and today he came back as a shattered man as his shipment is on hold since last 10 days and he is a small time exporter.

Pls does anyone of you have any information as who can help set things right and catch up with the crooks in DGFT kolkata. By the way I launched a complain with Vigilance and chief addl some kind of officer Smt Anindita Dasgupta today who asked for this hard copy again. Tomorrow again my husband will need to go and submit the hard copy. Pls if any one in this forum can help with the reply how long does it take them to cancel the old IEC and if there is any online process we would appreciate,

Thanking you all!