Share More

Registration of private discretionary trust

Arun M (Assistant Company Secretary)     14 May 2019

Arun M
Assistant Company Secretary 
 4 likes  84 points

| My Other Post

Dear Experts/Members,

I have a query regarding - Registration of Private Discretionary Trust. Actually the Private Discretionary Trust was Registered with the Sub-Registrar of Registration on 27.08.2003 with movable property by the Settlor to the Trustees in Cash on execution for a sum of Rs. 1,00,000/- Now the Trust has Immovable Properties in its Trust name.

My Query is : Whether it has to be Registered with the Registrar of Assurances or Societies/Trust Registrar and have to obtain Registration Certificate or not????

Based on the Declaration of Trust Deed Registered with Sub-Registrar, we have obtained PAN Card and filing normal IT Returns. For inclusion of New Trustee and vacating of existing trustee whether we have to approach the Sub-Registrar Registration Concerned, else with whom we have to do this work???

Only Registration was made with Sub-Registrar of Registration. And no other formalities with regard to obtaining of RC was done....

I request the experts and members of this forum to kindly provide me clarity to this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunachalam M

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register