Registration as non-assessee in case of merchant exporter

Gautam Joshi (Partner)     26 March 2013

Gautam Joshi
 9 likes  361 points

| My Other Post


Dear All,
If a trader want to export goods and avail exemption through Bond and CT-1 application then is he required to get registered in central excise by filing A-1 form? 
In my opinion, the same is not required, reason being the merchant exporters are exempted from paying excise duty if CT-1 procedures are followed. However, one has to file CT-1 to respective Central Excise range, show registration number on the CT-1 form. If that is the case can I register through Non-assessee registration option available on ACES website.
The difference by registering through Non-assessee route will be that the merchant exporter will not be required to file returns.
Please note that I don't want to know the detailed procedure of availing exemption in case of merchant exporter but only yes or no if I need to register and if yes can Non-assessee route possible?
Best Wishes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here