Mita Basak (Professional) 09 July 2013
|DR. DEEPALI PANT JOSHI||SH. YOGESH AGARWAL||SH. ANANTA BARUA*|
|Executive Director, RBI||Chairperson, PFRDA||Executive Director, SEBI|
Date: 24th July' 13
Venue: Hotel Royal Plaza, New Delhi
For the development of any nation or economy financial services play a key role and the growth of the financial sector largely depends upon confidence of users/consumers in their fairness, transparency, accountability, responsiveness, accessibility and adaptability. The need for consumer protection arises from an imbalance of power, information and resources between consumers and their financial service providers.
The global financial crisis highlighted the need for more effective financial consumer protection measures as consumers face more sophisticated and complex financial markets. The availability of information has grown both in quantity and complexity and the pace of change, in terms of new product developments, product innovations, and technological advances, has increased significantly.
This Seminar bring together high-level government officials and experts from public authorities, including central banks and regulatory and supervisory authorities, ministries of finance and consumer and investor education bodies, as well as senior representatives from the private sector and academics from India.
|Key Areas of Discussion:|
• Existing frameworks for financial consumer protection and education in India; Time to revisit
• Lack of transparency and disclosures, hidden charges, penalties, mis-selling etc.: Building consumer awareness
• Violation of KYC guidelines
• Moving away from caveat emptor to empowering the consumer; Ensuring Conducive Practices
• Justifiable Pricing Practices by financial institutions; Eradicating discrimination
• Attracting domestic investors for Participative Growth
• Incentivizing Product-innovation to achieve Financial Inclusion
• Unified Financial Redress Agency (UFRA) for Financial Consumer grievances; Viability & Acceptance?
• Building regulatory framework where service provider acts in the best interest of the Financial Consumer
• Suitability Policy with Legal Liability on financial service providers
• Leveraging technology for financial consumer protection
|Who will deliver:||Target Audience:|
• Senior government official
• Speaker from SEBI, RBI, PFRDA, etc.
• Capital Market experts, associations of Consumer Forums
• Representative of leading Banks
• Prominent Legal and professional consultants
• Economist and Academicians
• Editors of leading print media
• Investors, Capital Market Regulators
• CFOs, Venture Capitalist / Private Equity Funds
• Investment Bankers, Financial Advisors & Stock Market Analysts
• Banks and other financial intermediaries
• Insurance Companies, Brokerage Firms / Wealth Management Firms
• Management Institutes, Law Firms, Rating Agencies
• Rs. 3,000 per delegate
• 15% Special Discount for CAclubindia Members
For Sponsorship & other details, Kindly Contact:
|Manish Kumar||(+91 9891594346)||Email: manish.kumar @ assocham.com|
|Areeb Imam||(+91 9810851661)||
Email: areeb.imam @ assocham.com