CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ITR filing and tax calculation for Foreign company shares

Neeraj Dhariwal (Software Engineer)     11 August 2020

Neeraj Dhariwal
Software Engineer 
 30 points

| My Other Post

My company's stock is listed in the US. The company allows me to buy it's shares at a discounted price. Last year, I sold some of these shared which I had bought in 2016. I have the below questions.

1. Which ITR form should I fill. As per my knowledge, it should be ITR2.

2. How do I take the US dollars to INR conversion rate into account while calculating the profit on shares. Also, do I need to do any indexation on the cost of the shares? If yes, what is the formula?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x