Is iec required for an individual to return item to usa

Self occupation

I purchased an electronic item worth 90000INR from USA. I have to RETURN it because I received a wrong item. 
I'm not into any Import/Export business nor I involve in buying and selling of goods. I'm a Graphic Designer. 
When I approached DHL & FEDEX to return the item. They asked for the following documents since the value of the item is more than 25000INR

1. GR Waiver Certificate from Bank
2. IEC (Import/Export Code)
3. AD Number

How can I provide these documents when I don't have an Import / Export business. How can a individual person ship items worth more than 25000INR.
Can anyone please guide me on this issue. I can get the REFUND only after I return this item to And I have time till 11th September 2017. 






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register