ICICI

Interest @18% on delayed payment of gst


Kallol Sarkar (Accountant)     04 April 2018

Kallol Sarkar
Accountant 
 5 likes  111 points

| My Other Post

Sir,

A company made delayed payment of CGST & IGST. Tax & interest liabilities are as follows:-

Tax Payable :  IGST=1,00,000, CGST=1,00,000, SGST=0

Interest Payable for 6 months @ 18%/year  : IGST=9,000, CGST=9,000, SGST=0

When I try to put interest in GSTR3B Table 5.1, Interest (IGST) accepts 9,000 correctly. But when I enter interest (CGST)=9,000, the same 9,000 is auto copied to Interest (SGST). As the tax liability of SGST was Nil, interest liability is also to be nil. Then why GSTR 3B Table 5.1 behaves like this.

If the above tax & interest figure is correct, is it an error in GSTR3B ?

In my view, I'nterest on delayed payment of tax @ 18% per annum ' is applicable for each of the tax heads CGST, SGST, IGST individually. Any segregation like 9% for CGST & 9% for SGST together with 18% will be wrong. If I am conceptually wrong, please advise with rule/notification.

Otherwise, it would be assumed that this is a problem with GSTR 3B only. Please suggest.

 

 

 




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  



Popular Discussion


view more »