Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

How do I effectively score Direct Taxation in CA Final

uttam (jaipur)     24 January 2020

uttam
jaipur 
 9 likes  149 points

| My Other Post

CA FINAL Direct Tax is the biggest subject in 2nd group recently I cleared CA exams with 56 marks in DT and 69 in IDT in this article will guide on how to prepare Direct Tax subject, some tips for the same and is it possible to prepare it via self Study.

Is it possible to Prepare DT by Self Study?

Yes it is possible to DT by self-study only if you have interest in DT with articleship experience and you carrying good reference book otherwise it is advisable to go for classes I did self-study of DT for most of the syllabus teachers revision lectures do help.

Some Tips for DT preparation:- 

1. Don't Over focus on PGBP if you spending whole month for PGBP then it will cause trouble for you be exam-oriented in PGBP.
  2. Don't try to mug up case law names no use. what matter is how well you understood purpose behind Case law.
  3. Making Summary of provisions is useful to make notes for remembering time limit etc otherwise remembering them is a huge task.
  4. Compulsory do Case laws from latest RTPs ICAI do ask 1–2 case law question from RTPs.
  5. If you don't have any question bank or don't want to buy then do questions from ICAI Study Material along with past 3–4 year questions plus latest RTPs MTPs.
  6. So it is important to learn bare act interpretation skills for law DT, IDT Improve it. there used to be chapter interpretation of statute in old law course take help from that and any other source on youtube.
  7. If you are confused in two books do buy both compare by your self and decide... Spending some bucks will be always cheap than 6 months of time.

What I did:-

I did take coaching of CA Anoop Bhatia Sir (F2F) for about one month and Sir taught International Taxation and 2-3 other medium/small topics like Mat firm basically Sir used to teach from a bare act so I learnt how to interpret the bare act. SIr is now retired from teaching. So the purpose of telling this to make you aware that it is important to learn bare act interpretation skills for law dt idt.. Improve it there used to be chapter interpretation of statute in old law course take help from that and any other source on youtube.

I did the remaining part self with the help of VG Sir materials means no coaching for 75% syllabus of Direct Taxes.

I used VG sir summary along with his question bank (I didn't buy separate question bank I had 5 main modules in which question bank was embedded) and his MCQ booklet also. VG sir main modules are very comprehensive and unless you have a lot of time no need to go so depth.

But there are inner illustrations in Sir module which are really useful so do inner illustrations compulsory (but not for PGBP, CG ) and if in any section you can't understand from Sir summary then see Main module language. I am not at all saying do Sir main module now (means 3–4 month before the exam) use them for reference only even do inner illustrations of those chapters which are imp or you having trouble in concept if time is less.

Others use different author books even ICAI Study Material and get tremendous marks so if you follow something else then also completely ok I am not soliciting for any teacher.  Do watch Demo lectures before deciding classes and take feedback from students who really took their classes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here