Eligibility to issue 'c' forms for inter-state purchases

A) WE manufacture Drilling Unit at our plant in Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra) & provide services with the help of these Drilling Unit to oil producing Companies (like ONGC). The Units is operated by us at the sites of our customers and received back by us on completion of contract. Neither the Drilling Unit are sold nor we sale any other material. Almost all of our income is received from sale of services.

B) More than 70 electronic & mechanical items like 20 feet containers, censors, air conditioners, computers etc. are purchased / imported to manufacture Drilling Unit. On many occasions, these items are available at more economical terms from the suppliers located outside Maharashtra. If such purchases are made by issuing ‘C’ forms under CST, they become further economical.

C) In view of the fact that the Drilling Unit in which these items are installed, are not sold, please advise whether we are eligible to obtain & issue ‘C’ Forms towards the purchased of these items?

D) If yes, Please advise whether the word ‘Drilling Unit’ & the names of these items are to be included in our Registration certificates under MVAT & CST? It is almost impossible to include the names of all the materials which are purchased to manufacture the Drilling Unit.

Your valued advice will be highly useful.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register