Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA or CWA which one is better.

Page no : 2

Ravi Jorahosur (Working) (251 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

Dear all,

Thanks to all for giving good ideas for my future paln, now i decide to tak CWA, so pls co -opearte the same as long in my study  period.

CWA members, pls any one give me idea for Emption for training period in my case, i am working same company in passed 3 years, Pvt Company  yearly  more than 40 core turnover,  what type of certificate need to sumbit in ICWA, ( send any draft) 

pls tell me breifly .....

Vijay (CA) (119 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

Since u have completed MBA u cud opt for CIMA as it wud give u good global prospects for ur career in the field of finance and management accounting. More over u can get exemption in 11 papers through CMGA scheme of CIMA. The details of which is available in the following link

https://www.cimaglobal.com/Study-with-us/Entry-routes/I-have-an-MBA/FAQ/

@ kolleo87-  ICWAE, ICAA and AICPA(Australia) are some of the leading professional accounting bodies in the world. They are well recognised ones and not just accounting degrees.

manikandan.J (Accounts Manager) (363 Points)
Replied 31 July 2010

hi

buddy i choose the ICWAI btter than CA because CA will take the 5yrs compare to ICWAI following benefits

1) get the exemtions of articleship if your organization (Rs.5crore turnover means you obivously get the exemption

2) while joining the ICWAI you can able to directly enrolled ICWAI inter but CA and CS  means want write the exam initial stage iteself Foundations course or CPT . Because your qualified MBA here i tell you I am also completed MBA Finance i have experience 3yrs but i can't claim because i working now CA firm

3) your join the ICWAI qualification UG 60% and PG Any degree means you get expemption from wirting the CC papers both group, each group have 3 subject  per subject you want wirte T1 to T4,  your not PG degree . otherwise you have it UG with 60% and PG you want wirte only T3 & T4 simplified papers

1 Like

Suresh kashyap Malday (student - Account Executive B.Com MBA (IPCC CFA (Pursuing))   (88 Points)
Replied 20 August 2010

Originally posted by : Ravikumar.S

Respected  to  All,

I am ravikumar, 26 year, MBA (fin) profeession,  i am working as a Accountant, 3 year experience in Financial & Management accounting,

i have to plan doing CA or ICWA, pls sugges me which one is better for my future and carriers,

suppose i am going to do ICWA, its compulsery for Articals or exmpted,  

pls  pls give me some ideas,,,, this is kindly request ....all

hi ravi i am suresh kashyap

and jo tumari situation hai wo hi meri hai or age b same or qulifiaction b same

but i chosse CA course and 2 attampts de chuka huin clear nahi hua lakin ho jayega

jab kuch karna hi hai to karna hi hai phir ye nahi dekhte ki kya muskil hai

kyonki dost muskil kuch nahi hota

agar try kare to sab aasan hai kya pata ca karne k baad hamara package jo hum se 5 saal pahle ca kar chuke hai unse jayada ho

or ha abi jese hi ca inter clear hoti hai to CFA, ACCA, CPA join kar lunga kya hua agar humne pahle kuch nahi kiya to ab kar lete hai kitna late hue hai sirf 4 saal

4 saal ki recovery hum jaldi hi kar lenge

ok brother bas jo karna hai karo lakin janoon hona chahiye sab ho jata hai

kuch pane ke liye extra to kuch karna hi padega na

Ramtn (TEACHER & CWA Final Student)   (34 Points)
Replied 21 August 2010

Both CWA/CA have its own scope, never underestimate one another........................anyway I Prefer CWA

AJAY SIMHA (CMA - final) (190 Points)
Replied 21 August 2010

here is logical behind whether to take up CA or CWA

AGE           BANK BALANCE          PROFESSIONAL              COURSE

STATUS                

below 25             -----                   student/working                         CA

if willing to work for peanuts for

min 3years

above 25        5-6 lakhs                working                    quit and take upCA

min 3years

above 25             less 3 lakh            working                         CWA

(Guest)
Originally posted by : AJAY SIMHA
here is logical behind whether to take up CA or CWA
   AGE           BANK BALANCE          PROFESSIONAL              COURSE
                                                                     STATUS                
 below 25             -----                   student/working                         CA

min 3years

above 25        5-6 lakhs                working                    quit and take upCA
                                                                                                     min 3years

above 25             less 3 lakh            working                         CWA

Also include family responsibilty

Suman Kumar Verma (Practicing CMA) (1300 Points)
Replied 03 September 2010

See .both CA and CWA has it own domain. As per your experience I will personally suggest yuo to go for CWa and some technical cousres like sap or navision or oracle ( DBMS)

Good Luck

Prasad (GENERAL. MANAGER-FINANCE)   (108 Points)
Replied 26 September 2010

Hi,

Please do not get puzzled over the various opinions. People with CA background will ask you to go for CA by claiming CA is tougher than CWA and CS.

The same is applicable for the people with CWA and CS background.

Fact is all three cources are equally taugh and requires substantial amount of time to study to crack.

Having said that there is one challenge having pursued CA cource which is mandatory articleship for three years due to which you may have to quit your job which I think is not necessaru in case of you as you already have a hands on experience for more than three years.

From that perspective I suggest you to take up either CWA or CS than CA.

CMA. PRAVEEN V CA FINAL (cost accountant) (1402 Points)
Replied 26 September 2010

HAI  RAVI,  ARE YOU READY TO LEAVE A JOB.? IF YOU ARE READY,, GO FOR CA.. IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE IN THE JOB,  THEN  GO FOR CWA... YOU SHOULD NOT CONSIDER THE AGE FACTOR HERE.... YOU CAN ALSO OPT FOR OTHER COURSES SPECIFIED Y THE MEMBERS  IN THIS CLUB. ULTIMATELY, IT IS YOU WHO HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH COURSE IS BETTER . SO TAKE DECISION ON WHAT YOU WANT TO BE AND THE FIELD IN WHICH YOU ARE INTERESTED SUCH AS FINANCE OR ACCOUNTS OR TAX OR AUDITING.

Jishnu (CA CWA Final (Manager Audits))   (56 Points)
Replied 27 September 2010

Mr. Ravi

Protesting the comments like CA results are manipulated,it's not transparent, I am suggesting you to join ICWAI-simply because passing ICWAI final is more easier than passing CA intermediate.

I am doing both the courses and felt its hardness too.

People may confuse you, but with the experience you already have and an ICWAI will take you to the right success.

But frankly telling you, the (secondary school passed) clerical staff at various ICWAI chapters may trouble you by not answering you properly and not helping you with correct facilities if u'r not joining for their oral coching (i.e., if u joined for postal coaching)

so take care

Prasad (GENERAL. MANAGER-FINANCE)   (108 Points)
Replied 28 September 2010

I am not on the same page with the comment that pasing ICWAI final is easier than CA intermidiate.

I am a CA and ICWA both. I found it much harder to pass ICWA than CA. I am working as a senior manager in one of the company and I saw the quality of CAs are being passed nowadays. Really ridiculous. Not only that if I see the passing percentage in CA final is around 35-40%. Whereas in CWA or CS it does not go beyond 8-10% (max).

So we should stay away from making any comment which undermines other profession for no reason.

Ravi- request you to take your own judgement and not to get carried away by anybody. I repeat all the three professional cources call for a substantial amount of study time. Now how can work out, its upto you.

Suman Kumar Verma (Practicing CMA) (1300 Points)
Replied 28 September 2010

Originally posted by : SG

I am not on the same page with the comment that pasing ICWAI final is easier than CA intermidiate.

I am a CA and ICWA both. I found it much harder to pass ICWA than CA. I am working as a senior manager in one of the company and I saw the quality of CAs are being passed nowadays. Really ridiculous. Not only that if I see the passing percentage in CA final is around 35-40%. Whereas in CWA or CS it does not go beyond 8-10% (max).

So we should stay away from making any comment which undermines other profession for no reason.

Ravi- request you to take your own judgement and not to get carried away by anybody. I repeat all the three professional cources call for a substantial amount of study time. Now how can work out, its upto you.

Very well said

CMA.Devarajan Swaminathan (ACMA) (1067 Points)
Replied 11 October 2010

Which course you should do is dependent upon your interest adn your aptitude.

Each qualification in my view is complete in its own right. Since I am a CMA I will speak only for CMA and say that it is one complete finance and accounting qualfication.

So if you are already are a MBA either one is better. See what suits your needs and adds to your career better.

My take, do CMA.

Ravi Jorahosur (Working) (251 Points)
Replied 11 October 2010

Dear All,

I got many confusions for all suggestions, pls tel me frankly ,

which is better and worth in my future, some people says CA, some people says CWA,

stil have confusion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pls give good ideas....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: