Easy Office
LCI Learning

Icwai demands drop chartered from icai

Page no : 12

LALIT KUMAR SHARMA (ACCOUNTANT) (36 Points)
Replied 19 December 2011

Dear all,

Congratulation to all of you for the gift given by our parliament with new ICAI and members as ACMA and FCMA.

But I am very sorry to say that I posted here above the scheme of MOU / MRA with licencing by Independent Regulatory authority and nobody reply on this regard.  

As per my views, this is a long term suggestion as it will open all the areas to all the members of the three institutes.  It also will result in healthy competition and will be beneficial to Indian People.

Please comment on my suggestion.

Thanking you.

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)
Replied 19 December 2011

I am gonna drop ca, if this is sanctioned.

Regards

A Faithful CA Student

Chandranath Banerjee (Cost Accountant & Company Secretary)   (228 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

What is this ?. All creating confusion. ICAI two Institutes?. What stands for ACMA. We want to be designated as Cost & Management Accountant . Not as CA. Personally I respect CA in their field. But my pain is that they are opposing us to be Management Accountant. It will be better if they busy with their own field. So many avenue left for them. They have restricted us over 50 years. If we say about deletion of chartered from their name so much sensitivity. We are younger brother to them. Our Indian calture teach love & affaction towards younger brother . CA institute never ever treat us like that. If as per their openion they are stronger so why so much applied force for weaker. I think being the oldest institute amoung 3. it could be a guiding force for all.

I am ending here. Love to all CA's & CA aspirants.

Chandranath

CMA.Devarajan Swaminathan (ACMA) (1067 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

When ICWAI was in all ernest demanding to be renamed as the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India (ICMAI), our friends from the (like our friend Raj Kumar says Glorious Institution)  ICAI - Charted Accountant demanded that this would create a lot of counfusion in the minds of the people and fought vehemently opposing name change and interfering in the activities of ICWAI (now ICAI-CMA). Did they stop at that? No they used dirty politics and back door influence to have their way. They ensured that under the Dy.Chair of Rajya Sabha Rahman Khan who also happens to be a CA-Chartered Accountant the CWA Amendment Bills goes back to the Parliamentary Standing Committee. The earlier Parliamentary Standing Committee had recommended that the name of ICWAI must be changed to ICMAI. ICAI-Chartered Accountant ensured that the name change of ICWAI got stalled. Now let us see what they have got in return for all their super hard work.

Dr. Moily has just taught a wonderful lesson on confusion to our Confused Accountant friends.

This is what it is :

ICAI - Institute of Cost Accountants of India

CA - Cost Accountant

ACMA - Cost and Management Accountant

I will from now onwards write on my visiting card.

CA Devarajan Swaminathan - B'Com, ACMA

Cost Accountant

Now, ICAI-Chartered Accountant  you spent 25 years in stalling our name change now spend another 50 years explaining to the Nation what confusion has the confused accountants at the  helm of affairs of ICAI - Chartered Accountant created. Now you have demanded and got on yourself more than what you can ever chew.

Good luck. Advice stop interfering in the activities and functions of other Institution and yeah build the nation (lest you forget that in diverting your attention and hard work elsewhere).

Personally, am I happy with all this? An emphatic NO. Who wants to be known as ICAI and CA? Not me. I would have been happy if it would have been ICMAI and CMA simple. But then this is what the MCA under the advice and guidance of ICAI - Chartered Accountant has thrust upon all of us.

2 Like

sharath (i) (188 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

congratulations to all CWA's.

priti karawa (artical) (93 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

ICWAI Demanding only an unlogical Question???

CHARTERED word is not only a English word it is Like a World For CA Students...if this word is Removed than there is no Meaning of CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY 

SIMPLEY IT IS THE LIFE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTENCY PROFESSION...

1 Like

Prasad P (Chartered Accountant) (117 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Old wine in new glamorous bottle... The joy and excitement of CWAs shows the glamour and reputation of the two letters 'CA' and the ICAI. Also it shows how much desparately the CWAs  are feeling the inferiority complex about their own qualification and institute.

Glory to ICAI and CA members that everybody is trying to be known as a CA indirectly (may be due to the real fact that it is far above the attainable heights of so called CWA's or CMAs or CMA - ICAI. They itself dont know what they are now) . Now indirectly they hope to get the share of recognition of CA's  and ICAI from the ignorant public. Let them be happy and excited for this little joy.

Congrats ICAI  and CA's for its reputation and recognition gained by the hardwork and quality of its members that somebody is happy by getting a share from your goodwill.

1 Like

DK (SERVICE) (116 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Mr. Prasad, It is a matter of regret that we are still carrying the baton of slavery by using the word Chartered borrowed from Pre Independence era.After Independence none of the laws has been enacted by using the word Chartered.ICWAI has never interfered with the word chartered.The whole dicussion arose  because of the stiff oposition from ICHAI(Sorry to use this acronym earlier Chartered ) , because now ICAI also mean the institute of cost accountants of india ganging themselves to oppose the name from ICWAI to ICMAI.See what CA institute got, now it is more confusing as both institute are ICAI only.Lastly, it is not the degree but individual capabilty matters most.No body won the battle, but infact both are wounded now.

1 Like

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Originally posted by : Prasad P

Old wine in new glamorous bottle... The joy and excitement of CWAs shows the glamour and reputation of the two letters 'CA' and the ICAI. Also it shows how much desparately the CWAs  are feeling the inferiority complex about their own qualification and institute.

Glory to ICAI and CA members that everybody is trying to be known as a CA indirectly (may be due to the real fact that it is far above the attainable heights of so called CWA's or CMAs or CMA - ICAI. They itself dont know what they are now) . Now indirectly they hope to get the share of recognition of CA's  and ICAI from the ignorant public. Let them be happy and excited for this little joy.

Congrats ICAI  and CA's for its reputation and recognition gained by the hardwork and quality of its members that somebody is happy by getting a share from your goodwill.

I dont see any cost accountant jumping with happiness on the name change. On the first place, they never wanted it to be changed to ICAI. Then for what reason should they be happy..? Also I have never seen a cost accountant who is ashamed of his profession & who feels himself to be inferior to a CA. It is just that some CAs think themselves to be superior-a case of lack of maturity. Having read posts of some of the CAs, I feel really ashamed..ashamed to be a ca final student. My dear seniors, pls grow up. Let cost accountants worry about their institute. Let us think about our own institute & how to make it better. 

2 Like

Subramanyam Challapalli (BOM) (105 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Dear Mr Prasad,

There cannot be two ICAIs'  so if ICWAI becomes ICAI then this is a prelude to the next phase of ICAI (CA) becoming IFAI ( Institute of Financial Accountants of India) because 'Republics' dont give 'Charters'.

Or

Some good samaritan may lodge a PIL in Court which may make you only ICA not ICAI, which means you will end up as Institute of Chartered Accountants only, without having 'of India' in your name - again ' as republics do not give charters'.

The day is not far of  when this will surprise you. Now, frankly most of the chartered accountants are woebegone due to the fact that ICWAI has become ICAI and CWAs have become CMAs.

Since 'Management' is a ‘generic’ term our Institute may not have it in its name. But we are 'CMAs' as agreed by the statute and what have you gained in the end - CONFUSION.

Now brace yourselves for the new name - IFAI - You guys have fallen into the pit which you worked hard to dig, for us.

You can go on digging such Pits till Eternity; after all you are the one who falls in them again and again.

At least now, don’t run looking at your competitor – because you will go off the track – look ahead – that’s what makes you a winner.

2 Like

Prasad P (Chartered Accountant) (117 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Haha.. Look how furious and anger they are .... funny .

Also i see few have created their fake id as CA final students and blaming the institute.. shame on you. 

Subramanyam Challapalli (BOM) (105 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Mr Prasad

I am not furious, I am logical when I say all that I have done. These are the possibilities which may never be ruled out.

ICAEW was very much like your Institute about half a century ago and today it is one of the Accounting bodies trying to find space amongst ACCA, CIMA and Institute of Tax Accountants. Similarly Pakistan has passed a law for setting up a new Institute by the name Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan.

Australia has AICPA (Australian Institute of CPA) AICA and NIA (National Institute of Accountants) - you are in global domain now. You have to withstand heartburns and competition - you cannot forever flaunt you ICAI badge and say someone else is furious or angry.

It is a shame that you have chosen to allow global accounting majors practice in India ' without proper legislation' in place - your voodoo dint work on it.

It is a shame that you walk your life fearing legitimate name change of a professional body.

It is a shame that your articled clerks do not get a pay which one is entitled under minimum wages act.

And if I keep on writing things on this issue, it will be below my diginity to spew venom as you have done, I have gone through all the posts in this topic - I do not know what bothers the Chartered Accountants on name change of ICWA. One solid reason will be enough to convince the most illogical.

DK (SERVICE) (116 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Now see the reaction, when some body is putting the adverse remarks,it is being told as, he is enrolled as fake students.Mr Prasad , have tolerance please.You are the distinguished CA.But we wish ICHAI(CH-CHARTERED) will flourish, but things are not looking good, as every body is having adverse remark that is why , strict provision has been made in case of auditor like rotation , disclosure.if things would have been fine.Such procedure could not have been enacted in the co. act.

1 Like

Jerry (Analyst) (36 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

One doubt-

What is this ICHAI ???

Whether such a change also made by parliament?

Or again proposed by the Super star CWA's in parliament ?? 

Jerry (Analyst) (36 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

Hello dears

This ICWAI is actually not known to general public. The pass percentage is low and members are low not because of the strict valuation of quality, its because the students join that stupid course when they feel CA is unreachable by them (may be after 4-5 attempts in CA exams, they will register for CWA). when students loss hope about CA dreams, they will try for CWA. None of them went for ICWAI just because they selected it for the popularity or reputation of that course.

Now there are many such peoples who run before the CA institue and international institutes for some how getting recognized. They try to get the recognition which once they dropped while they where students. Its not a serious issue or any competition for Chartered Accountants or any other professionals.

Now they are telling they are Management accountants. What Management are they dealing?? What is the practical training for them in that field? God only Knows. Previously the word 'works' was there . What was their relation with works? that also God only knows. May be they felt now that the letter 'W' can be put upside down  ( M )so that their reputation also will change upside down. I dont know how the change of name will effect their present quality. 

Anyway Now they are thinking that they did 'something' by changing their institutes name to ICAI. eventhough failed in the attempt to get the name ICMAI. 

Now they want to do something again to the satisfy their lost dream of CA. They want to hit the CA institute by challenging the word 'Chartered' . What a patriotism and gramatical circus. Dont forget that they tried for the name ICMAI to get an international recognition for their qualification. What is their role in that matter? God only knows. My be they have some itching about the lost dream . Now they are getting satisfied by blaming the CA's for some frauds occured recently. They are happy by telling that CA's are used for doing frauds. What a horrible dream it was..?? 

My Dear CWAs, Please try to get CA/CMA qualification through proper channel. Dont try to get the same through back door by changing the institutes name. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: