Easy Office
LCI Learning

Service tax on Rental Income

Page no : 5

ASHISH JAIN (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (21 Points)
Replied 22 May 2008

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS QUERY.

Replied 22 May 2008

Replied 22 May 2008

Vijay K. Agrawal (Service) (608 Points)
Replied 22 May 2008

on all income from Re1 to whatever .

Replied 22 May 2008

Replied 22 May 2008

Replied 22 May 2008

DEAR PL NOTE:

MAKE SEPARATE RENT AGREEMENT WITH COMPANY OTHERWISE

YOU HAVE TO PAY SERVICE TAX BECUASE SERVICE TAX ON SERVICE PROVIDER. EVEN IF PROPERTY IN JOINT NAME

(Guest)
Sir, I'm starting a business Generator set of let out rent. Are we laible to pay service tax or not? if yes then what rate of Tax? Tks Rajesh

Priyanka Kala (Student CA & CS) (1397 Points)
Replied 02 June 2008

A person is getting rental as 12k per month..So how much tax he has to pay?

Priyanka Kala (Student CA & CS) (1397 Points)
Replied 02 June 2008

Also, Plz confirm can i claim HRA if i have house on rental and i am staying in rental home.

(Guest)

Sir,

I have a building. I take Rs. 167726/- as per month rent. Am I liable to registration for service tax. Am i liable to pay service tax if i did not take any service tax from tenant but he pays the amount after deducting TDS. What is the limitatation of individual to pay service tax.

(Guest)

Sir,

I have a building. I take Rs. 167726/- as per month rent. Am I liable to registration for service tax. Am i liable to pay service tax if i did not take any service tax from tenant but he pays the amount after deducting TDS. What is the limitatation of individual to pay service tax.

(Guest)

Due to msitake I could not calculated a rent amount i.e. Rs.1,20,000 &  service tax is not deposited in this amount. The time limit of revised returned exceeds. What is the procudure for correction of  this mistake.  

OFFICESELVA (Service) (515 Points)
Replied 29 June 2008

It may be clarified in respect of which period the mistake had occured.   In this year budget the date for filing revised return has been increased from 60 days to 90 days. SO CHEER UP.

(Guest)

if the service reciever refuses to pay service tax to the service provider on rent of immovable property,wht action can be taken against the tennant?

can the property  be eveicted on these grounds?

rulings if any may be provided.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: