Easy Office
LCI Learning

CENTRAL EXCISE SSI EXEMPTION:TRADING TURNOVER

Page no : 2

Zehran (SAP Consultant) (37 Points)
Replied 23 February 2009

if a service industry also manufactures excisable products as well but it amounts to less than 10% of total turnover. in this case will 4cr limit is for total turnover or excisable turnover( since the act mentions the word turnover and exclutions from such turnover)

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax) (7806 Points)
Replied 23 February 2009

Thus only the assesable value under Section 4 or 4A has to be taken. It excludes taxes etc.

KALPANA and SUNIL TOMAR (ADVOCATE) (93 Points)
Replied 17 March 2009

Rajeshji, please clarify., whether ther permission is granted for Excisable Goods Trading[ Like 1st / 2nd stage ] or Non-excisable goods are also allowed to trade for a manufacturer producing goods under E.C.C registration. from the same premises by maintaining separate records and inventory...

kindly reply on my email : sunilexcise @ gmail.com  as early as possible.

thanks

kalpana singh

Replied 17 March 2009

DEAR SIR ,

WHAT IS THE MANUFACTURER 1.5CR  EXEMPTION PROCEDURE BOOK, INVOICE ,RECORD  MAINTAING IN FIN.YEAR .

KALPANA SINGH

Replied 31 March 2009

dear sir, i am waiting for your early reply if possible. thanks kalpana

Replied 31 March 2009

Trding is allowed for non excisable goods too. No permission/intimation to the department is required. To calculate a turnover of 1.5 crore, no records has been prescribed. However, if the manufacturer maintains a simple register showing cumulative total of value of excisable, it will serve the purpose. The register may have following columns: Invoice No. Value of manufactured goods Total value of manufactured goods till date When the totel turnover reaches 90 lakhs, file a declaration with the department. When it start touching 150 lakhs, take registration and start paying duty.

Replied 06 April 2009

DEAR RAJESH JI,

My client is the registered dealer in central excise . He purchase the goods from the manufacturer (chennai). But the commercial invoice raised by the supplier (Mumbai) against the payment  for the goods purchased.

My client  fill all details of excise bill but he never mention the name of the supplier (Mumbai) as the supplier is not the registered dealer in central excise thus the coloumn of  supplier's name remain left blank by my client . Though he only mentioned the name of the manufacturers name.

So kindly suggest is my client  questionable in the eyes of law for not mentioning the name of the supplier.

Thanks for  reply on date 31/03/2009.

Kalpana Singh

Replied 07 April 2009

He must be receiving the goods directly from the manufacturer, under transit sale. In this circumstances, mentioning of suppliers name is not required.

In one of the thread on this forum, the concept of transit sale was discussed in detail. See, if you can find that.

Replied 08 April 2009

DEAR RAJESH JI,
Could  you please help me in answering the question that in a new established that is a new Hotel Industry there is Central Excise Duty levied on Cake, Pastries & Chocolates item s and to avail the exemption  ( i. e. 1.5 crores) what should be considered either the total sale of a Hotel  or only the total sale of excisable goods  ( i.e. sale of  Cake ,Pastries & Chocolates ? )  . 
Please answer as soon as possible.
Thanks
Kalpana Singh

Replied 08 April 2009

DEAR RAJESH JI,
Could  you please help me in answering the question that in a new established that is a new Hotel Industry there is Central Excise Duty levied on Cake, Pastries & Chocolates item s and to avail the exemption  ( i. e. 1.5 crores) what should be considered either the total sale of a Hotel  or only the total sale of excisable goods  ( i.e. sale of  Cake ,Pastries & Chocolates ? )  . 
Please answer as soon as possible.
Thanks
Kalpana Singh

Replied 08 April 2009

Total sale of excisable goods only.

Replied 09 April 2009

DEAR SIR,

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR RENDERING  YOUR VALUABLE  TIME FOR  ADVISING ON MY RELAVANT ISSUES.

THANKS AND REGARDS

KALPANA SINGH

Replied 02 May 2009

Dear Rajesh  Sir
Could  you please help me in answering the question that in a Refund of Customs Import Duty ( i.e. 4% additional customs duty paid at the time of import) What is the time limit to lodge a refund application for a traders ? please give me the full details if possible.
Kalpana Singh

Replied 02 May 2009

Refund claim should be filed within one year. For procedure look at the following thread,

https://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cs-circulars/cs-circulars08/circ06-2k8-cus.htm

Replied 08 May 2009

Dear Rajesh Sir,

Could you please advise me that is it possible to run a new manufacturing unit  which already has a  central excise registered existing manufacturing unit  with a diffrent  Pan Card ,Tin No. & with diffrent name .  and in the new manufacturing unit  one of the director of the  old existing unit  is also the director  in the new manufacturing unit  and  the old existing unit is also holding 99%  share in the new manufacturing unit .

So please suggest  that the new manufacturing unit  is  entititled  for the SSI exemption of 1.5crore or not ?  And  if  not then what would be the  limit  for the exemption?  

Kalpana Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: