CFA Eligibility...plz help

Hi Chirag,

I am a CA Final Student. 

I wanted to know which is better CFA or CPA?

The other thing was as to What Qualifies as Professional Work Experience. For Eg Does working under a CA after articleship qualify for it and what proof do i have to submit in this regard?

Regards 

Kunal Mansukhani

sir i am a student of b.com final year and CS executive.. i want to know whether i qualify the admission for cfa course. n plz tell me whether bachelor's degree is necessary to be from u.s.a or not ?

Hello, I had a query as well. I am currently preparing for my CFA dec exam. I am in my third year of BCom And am thinking of giving my CFA level 2 exam in June. I wanted to know whether I would be eligible for the level 2 June exam, as my third year result will be coming out sometime then as well.

hii sir/ mam 

I heard somewhere , for CFA registration you must have a international passport.  and i am confused about persue this course or not.  i am preparing for bank exams . 25 year old hav a gradute degree BCA and hv a post gradution in economics.  

Student CA IPC / IPCC

Sir I am student of ca ipcc. I want to know am I eligible for cfa exam because I have completed my graduation from distance (Patna university).so please suggest me

Hi Chirag,

Please check the eligibility for the CFA

Eligibility Requirements

• The candidate should have one of the following to meet the education requirement-
  • Undergraduate degree requirement- a Bachelor’s degree is essential OR
  • Final Year appearing candidates- candidate yet to complete the final year of his/her bachelor’s degree program
  • 48 months of full-time professional work experience with educational qualification
  • The candidate should have an International travel passport.
  • The mode of exam is English, so the candidate should be prepared with it.
  • Professional Conduct Statement form should be completed to attest.
  • The candidate should also live in a participatory country as their are some countries that CFA Institute does not work with.

You can find all the details for the CFA here:  CFA Registration 2019

CFA is the most coveted degree on finance which consists of 3 levels in total. Passing marks for CFA L-1 comes within a 35% to 45% bracket, in L-2 it increases to 42% or so, and in L-3 the passing marks increases between 45% to 55% or so. CFA is not only about stock markets, it covers anything remotely related to finance. CFA with an MBA is of global value, however, salary prospects outside India is higher due to the standard of living.

For CFA, you have to either be a graduate, or you must be in your final year of graduation. Apart from this, you can have a combined education and work experience of about 4 years. You also need a passport for registration.

CFA covers subjects such as Fixed Income Securities, Equity, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, Professional Ethics and Case Studies, Financial Management, Financial Markets, Mutual and other Funds, Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Accounting and Economics in depth.

To get an unbiased and experienced opinion on this topic, watch this video below of Aswini Bajaj who is a trainer, global consultant in delivering lectures on finance and a public speaker.

CFA - ASWINI BAJAJ

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU