Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yashika Devi (Astrology)     22 June 2021

Can chartered accountants become investment bankers? How?

I’ll begin with my background. Post that, I’ll put forth my story of transformation from CA to an Investment Banker.

Just to mention, even a semi-qualified Chartered Accountants (IPCC cleared) can become an Investment banker

Note : Read this answer completely to get a realistic opinion. Half information is even more harmful than no information.

Few years back, I cleared CA final and started working with a Big 4 firm in audit team. Pretty much frustrated by the routine nature of work, I started looking for other options in Core Finance. Thus, terms such as Valuations, Equity research, Financial modeling and Investment banking were the first that came to my mind.

Finally, I got convinced by my fellow mates in the office (Who were in Valuations already) to make a switch to investment banking.

by Yashika

2 Replies

CA Subhankar  Basu

CA Subhankar Basu (Chartered accountant )     22 June 2021

Congrats
Prachi Bansal

Prachi Bansal   23 June 2021

Congratulations. just had the question of how the transition phase was for actually becoming an Investment Banker from a CA?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags