PF

can an employee opt out of pf while switching over to a new job. While he/she being contributed towards PF in their previous job and not willing to do so in the new job and if the income is more than 15,000.

If your new company have more then 20 employees, your employer is to recover PF from you and also contribute their contribution ( that is 8.33% to pension fund and 3.67% to PF account). Even your wages is more than Rs.15,000/-, PF is to be recovered for Rs.15000/- from your employer and contribution is to be made for Rs.15,000 by the employer. The contribution of PF over wages for Rs.15,000/- is only optional.

Thank you sir. What does para 26A of PF means, i was told according to that an employee whose salary is more than threshold can exclude himself from contributing to PF. Could you clarify

To my best of knowledge, the contribution of employer and employee for PF can be excluded only for the wages more than Rs.15,000/- and wages upto Rs.15,000/- is to be paid. The contribution of PF may be paid for the entire wages if employer and employee opt for it.

I am also sharing one additional information in this regard. If you opt for PF for all the wages, employer contribution to pension fund will be covered only for Rs.15,000/- and for the remaining wages the entire contribution will go to your PF account.

For examplle is salary is Rs.23,000/- and PF is paid for all the wages. Then employer contribution would be

Pension fund - Rs.15,000 x 8.33/100 - 1250
PF for Rs.15000 x 3.67% 550

For the remaining Rs.8000
Employer contribution to PF would be 8000 x 12/100 - rS.900

Imthiyas,
In the given scenario the employee can not opt out of PF contributions upon joining the new employer.
You can contact me on aditya@iravya.com for further details, if needed.

Best,
Aditya
www.iravya.com

corporate law
VAT
sebi
Service Tax
tcs
unified portal
newgstreturn
Professional Resource
custom
gst return
income tax
cag
accounts
cbdt
itc
gstr 9
exams
companies act 2013
itr
traces
ca students
epf
icsi
law
ca