CCI Online Learning
50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


My friend is having a building which is given for rent to shops/offices. The income has been showing to Incometax under the head Income from house property. Further, he is also collecting GST on rent underthe head " Renting of Commercial Property" and depositing to government.
Now he wish to dispose of the building and utilise the amount in constructing residential buildings in a site he owns. The question is:
1. To claim exemption under Long Term Capital Gains, whether he has to Invest ONLY CAPITAL GAINS OR NET CONSIDERATION.
Whether letting out to office/shops will make any difference for considering it as a Commercial Building?
Thanks & regards

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x