Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

WHETHER EXCEESS PAYMENT RECEIPT FROM INSURANCE COMPANY FOR CLAIM IS TAXABLE OR NOT?
IF I HAVE A WORK SHOP. AND I RECEIVED RUPEES 6000 FROM INSURANCE COMPANY FOR SERVICE BUT THE ACTUAL EXPENSE 5500. WHETHER THAT 500 RUPEES IS TAXABLE OR NOT UNDER SERVICE TAX?
PLEASE GIVE YOUR REVIEWS AND SUGGESTION ON ABOVE...

13 March 2020 at 11:37

Service Tax on Labour Contract

My client does not have any service tax number. He deals with fabrication work. He works as a sub-ordinate labour so does not buy any material nor he sales it, he only does labour work under the company. So is service tax applicable for him?

We are a civil consultancy firm and providing technical consultancy services to Government educational institutions.Is there any exemption in GST ? Please clarify.

02 March 2020 at 22:42

SVLDRS

Filed for relief under SVLDRS. As per SVLDRS-3 payment due date was 01.03.2020.
Paid on 28.02.2020 through NEFT in Bank using details provided in Mandatory Form generated in Icegate site.Intimated to taxation authoriruties. The status is still sowing as 'Pending". It seems there is some error in transit. What will happen if the amount is credited to Government Account after four, five days.Will they penalise or cancel the order

in case of we provide house keeping services to educational institution are exempted or taxable under service tax act??? if taxable what is the threshold limit ?

A query is received asking for several documents including ITRs for 3 years 2014-15 to 2016-17. It is a letter received by speed post. It is not a Notice as no section number is mentioned. It is for purpose of determining if any short payment of service tax occured during that period. Seems to be a roving enquiry generated on computer. Is it compulsory to respond and provide documents asked for ? Is there not a limitation period for such enquiries? Can Service tax department ask for full copies of ITRs? What is the procedure for service tax assessment?
Kindly advise.

18 February 2020 at 13:07

Reply to show cause notice format

For doctor under service tax exemption

17 February 2020 at 17:40

Zero value invoice for service

I would like to raise a zero value invoice for a free of cost service delivered to a client. Please let me know if this is possible? what will be IGST and CGST tax implication? In case of service tax will the same be refundable?

Aniruddha

Sir/Madam
My Query is : received some payments after 1/7/2017 on Invoices which has Service Tax levied. This service tax has not been deposited till now. Please inform me the procedure to Deposit This Service Tax. Also inform how interest on this will be calculated.

Thanks in Advance

We are doing resort business and our package Charges includes tariff and food charges. During Service tax period, we split package value of tariff and Food separate in a single bill and service tax had been paid on tariff and on food we pay vat. Does this comes under bundle service ? shall we need to pay service tax on food items also? . No part of the restaurant, where food are served is air conditioned. Will service tax attract on food?