The Finance for non-finance program enables professionals, especially from functional areas other than finance such as sales, marketing, human resource, research and development, production, procurement, to gain an extensive working knowledge of critical financial principles in an easy-to-follow manner, enabling them to make critical business decisions involving cost-savings, budgets, new projects decisions, growth strategies and so on. Participants are able to understand and analyze financial statements as well as grasp the basic fundamentals of finance and accounting.
This program aims to meet the requirements of operating managers who would like to be well versed with the introductory nuances of finance in different functional areas
• Understand the implications of finance on various corporate activities
• Understand and analyze financial statements. Be in a better position to discuss relevant financial issues with finance managers/stakeholders in their organization
• Understand the impact of various decisions on a company’s performance
• Get practical insights and gain swift appreciation of the fundamentals of finance and accounting.
- Dubai: Knowledge Village, Block 2, Ground Floor G05A, UAE
- Date: Aug 25, 2018| Time: 09:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Fees: AED 1,000 (all inclusive)
- Fees: 18642 INR (all inclusive) [approx.]
- Balance sheet
- P&L account
- Cash flow statements
- Profit v/s Cash flow analysis
Working capital Management
- What is working capital?
- Kinds of working capital
- Operating cycle and components of working capital
- Working capital management and decisionmaking.
Decision-making and budgeting
- Cost concepts including discussion on marginal costing
- Some important cost definitions
- Make or buy
- Shut down or continue
- Sell or process further
- Domestic versus export sales
- Need and type of budgets
- Alternative approaches for budgeting
Evaluation of Investment Projects
- Meaning of capital budgeting
- Approaches to capital budgeting
- Techniques of capital budgeting
- Practical application of net present value and internal rate of return
- Features of capital budgeting decisions
- Case study and illustrations.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Demystifying the Financial Statements & their linkages
- Balance the Balance Sheet
- Reading an Annual Report and digging out relevant information
- Cash Flow Statement and Importance
- Working Capital Decoded
- Can ratios tell us about a sector?
- Analyzing trends in Ratios
- Analyzing quality of financial statements
Who should attend:
- Managers, senior managers, middle level executives in non-financial positions who need to improve their financial skills in order to make critical business decisions involving cost savings, budgets, new projects, growth strategies, etc.
- This course can also potentially benefit entrepreneurs who are required to make daily business decisions regarding their companies. The programme is appropriate for self-employed professionals such as lawyers, medical practitioners, and non-financial managers across different industries, both in the public and private sector
- Participants can carry own Laptop (Excel v. 2007/2010/2013)
- Lunch, Tea and Handbook will be provided.
- Address: Knowledge Village, Block 2, Ground Floor G05A, UAE
Workshop on Finance for non-finance - Dubai Pass
Knowledge Village, Block 2, Ground Floor G05A, UAE. Aug 25, 2018 | Time: 09:30 AM - 5:00 PM