I think you should lay stress n the study matter that has been provided to you and then you should contact people who have already passed CPT, you should take some guidance from them. I think this will help you in a better way.
You can also get a book of sample papers sold by ICAI itself.....along with practicing CPT Model test papers for good result in the exam. Practice those test papers with examination conditions.
Never waste your time and have a discussion with your friends regarding a specific topic for a better grip. For CPT notes use search facility of caclub.
Here are some tips for you, which was helpful to you for the preparation of CPT Exam.
1) IF you are not from Math’s background, then plz keep it in ur mind that u have to get passing marks out of 150.
2) Before starting revision any chapter of accounts, first study whole theory of that chapter and then only solve 1 or two questions from examples. But solve Maximum questions from EXERCISE.
3) Prepare Mercantile Law Very well, because it was the only scoring subject after accounts. Contract Act is important one.
4) In economics 1st complete Macro economics then go for micro economics. Macro Economics also very scoring.
5) IN Quantitative Aptitude, Differentiation and integration, Correlation and regression and theoretical distribution is important one.
6) And make the Strategy to solve M. LAW paper 1st in examination, because u will get more time to solve accounts.
7) PLZ WORK hard in studies, because there are no Short cuts for Success. But u can do ur work Systematically, Which will help u 2 go to the path of Success.
Achieving success in CA CPT Exam is an art and there is no shortcut for success. Hard work and well preparation are the keys to success. There are some valuable tips for you that will help you to ace the exam with flying colors.
1. When you get question paper in the examination hall, read all the instructions carefully.
2. Always read the question carefully before attempting it and do focus on the words like “NOT”, “None of These”, “All of Above”.
3. Attempt the easiest questions first. This way, you can increase your confidence level.
4. If you are not sure about the answer, always go for elimination method. In this method, try to eliminate those answers that can’t be answers ever.
5. For solving the question, try to recall the assignments, formulas, lectures. This way, you can easily solve the question.
6. Nevertheless, if you don’t know the answer, never attempt it as there is negative marking too.
7. At end, always allocate some time for reviewing the whole paper.
All the best