Queries in the chapter Prospectus

Shraddha (Student) (204 Points)

09 April 2017  
Greetings! I have come across the following doubts in the chapter Prospectus from Company Law. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with these. Thank you.

1. Why is it required to intimate changes to persons having made advance payments when information memorandum is issued? [SHELF PROSPECTUS]

2. If the purpose of issuing red herring prospectus is capturing and recording investor demands, then why is it required to file the particulars of capital raised, closing price, etc with the registrar? Are shares actually issued through red herring prospectus? Is another prospectus containing all details issued after this? [RED HERRING PROSPECTUS]

3. What does sponsored issue of deposit receipts mean? [GLOBAL DEPOSITORY RECEIPTS]

4. Does redemption of depository receipts mean their conversion to equity shares? [GLOBAL DEPOSITORY RECEIPTS]

5. At which stage of the procedure are equity shares issued by the company to the domestic custodian bank? [GLOBAL DEPOSITORY RECEIPTS]

6. Does section 25(2) imply that prospectus can be issued after shares have already been sold to the public? [OFFER FOR SALE AND DEEMED PROSPECTUS]

7. Please explain "any offer or invitation for non-convertible debentures made within a period of 6 months from the date of commencement of these rules, special resolution may be passed within 6 months from the date of commencement of these rules". [COMPANIES (PROSPECTUS AND ALLOTMENT OF SECURITIES) RULES, 2014 WITH RESPECT TO PRIVATE PLACEMENT]

8. Please explain the concept of wrongful loss. [PUNISHMENT FOR FRAUD]