Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > LAW > Labour & Industrial >

Provident fund contribution share of employee and employers

Pages : 1

Asst. Manager-Internal Audit

[ Scorecard : 104]
Posted On 11 April 2012 at 11:23 Report Abuse

Dear Sir,

Just I want to know in Provident Fund What is Contribution Share of Employee and Employers and what is EPS Account, EDLI Account and EDLIS Account. What is Contribution Rate in these Account of Employee and Emplyers.....

Nitesh Mishra

Online classes for CA CS CMA

kavitha
studying final

[ Scorecard : 830]
Posted On 11 April 2012 at 12:08

go to this link http://www.epfindia.com/payments.htm you will find all details there. employer n employee contribution is generally 12% but there are sime exceptions

kavitha
studying final

[ Scorecard : 830]
Posted On 11 April 2012 at 12:10

ER-12%, EE-12%

Total thanks : 1 times

Kolluru Krishna Murty
Partner

[ Scorecard : 271]
Posted On 18 April 2012 at 15:19

Dear Sir,

I)Provident Fund Subscripttion of Employee is 12% of salary

II)Provident Fund Contribution of Employer is   12 % of Salary

Employees Pension Scheme (EPS) is 6.33% of salary on a maximum salary of Rs 6500/- p.m.paid out        

of employer's contribution and the balance amount goes to PF a/c of the employee. 

III)Employees Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) is a compulsory insurance to be paid by the employer to    insure life of the PF member for contingencies of life.Employee has nothing to do with payment for this.The rate may be 1.13% on Rs 6500/-p.m. salary.

kkm

Vaibhav
Assistant Manager

[ Scorecard : 28]
Posted On 06 December 2012 at 15:22

Hi,

I just want to know.. that Employer Contribution of PF & Employee Contribution of PF is going under which accountin group head... (Current Liability or Indirect Expenses)

Also want to know on what basis it is calculated

please guide me 

RAJ KUMAR BHANDARI
FINANCE

[ Scorecard : 165]
Posted On 06 December 2012 at 17:22

Originally posted by : Vaibhav

Hi,

I just want to know.. that Employer Contribution of PF & Employee Contribution of PF is going under which accountin group head... (Current Liability or Indirect Expenses)

Also want to know on what basis it is calculated

please guide me 

Dear vaibhav

Please note, employer contribution depend upon basic salary/wage + D.A. earned by the employee for the month,

employee conrt is 12 % = employer cont. is equal to 12 %

but the calculation said employer contribution is rechaed at  13.61 %(approx.)

thanks

subhash
Ch Accountant

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 17 September 2013 at 10:41

I am working in pvt company My workers payment goes on 11000/-  I Deduct his Pf on 11000/- But I want to deduct employer contribution on 6500/- Can I? Pls you know that then call me on 9552501067 Its very urgent. DO the needfull. My Name is Subhash Mule.              Have a Nice Day

CS V Periwal

[ Scorecard : 69]
Posted On 11 October 2013 at 10:29

Dear Subhash

Employees contribution cannot be higher than employers contribution. Besides if employer contributed PF on an amount higher than Rs. 6500, in that case only 8.33% i.e. maximum Rs. 514 can be deposited towards pension fund. Balance amount has to be deposited in the Provident Fund itself

There are 7 Replies to this message

Related Files