GUIDELINES FOR SEEKING EXTENSION OF REGISTRATION
EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME EXAMINATION
No extension of registration will be allowed to any student if he/she has not passed/completed the Executive Programme (Inter) examination during the validity of registration period. All such students will have to seek registration de novo only.
PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMME EXAMINATION
1. Students whose registration expires between 28th/29th February and 31st May and between 31st August and 30th November will be allowed extension of time without payment of extension of registration fee for the limited purpose of appearing in the ensuing June or December examination, respectively, as the case may be.
2. Registration of a student may be extended beyond a period of five years on year-to-year basis for appearing in the Professional Programme (Final) examination:
(i) if he/she has completed postal/oral coaching and has been issued with coaching completion certificate for all modules (groups) of the Professional Programme (Final) under new syllabus during the validity of the previous registration period or has passed at least one module (group) of the Professional Programme (Final) examination under the New Syllabus during the validity of the previous registration period as the case may be; and
(ii) makes an application for extension of registration period along with requisite fee within six months from the date of expiry of registration or within six weeks of the declaration of results of the last examination in which he/she appeared, whichever is later.
3. Extension of registration shall be granted for one year at a time on payment of extension of registration fee of Rs. 500 per annum, arrears of fee, if any, under the previous registration and service charges @ Rs. 150 per module (group) for which the student has not been issued with the coaching completion certificate for the Professional Programme (Final).
4. On the student’s application for extension of registration being accepted by the Institute, the extended period will be counted in continuation of his previous registration. He/she will also continue to bear the same registration number.
5. No candidate will be allowed more than two extensions including the extension, if any, already availed under old/new syllabus for completing Professional Programme (Final) examination under the new syllabus.
6. A student who completes the Professional Programme (Final) examination (of the Institute) during the extended period of registration will be required to comply with the practical experience and practical training requirements as stipulated under Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982 and guidelines framed there under in this regard.
7. Study material will not again be supplied on seeking extension of registration. However, it can be had on payment of Rs. 160 per subject.
8. A student, on being granted extension of registration, shall be eligible to get the ‘Student Company Secretary’ from the month next to the month in which his application for extension of registration is accepted by the Institute.
9. The Secretary - on being satisfied that application of any of the guidelines cause undue hardship to a candidate - may relax any of the said guidelines by recording reasons in writing.