Recent Amendment in sec 40 (A)3; Rule 6d

(Guest)

Hi to all.... Down under is the recent amendment to Rule 6d with regard to Sec 40(A)3..

Can any one have the full text of the same.. I had googled and got only the below part.. also explain me the applicability etc.,

Below is the part text i got.

PAYMENT OF MORE THAN RS 20,000/- (AMENDEMENT IN RULE 6d OF THE INCOME TAX ACT

or aggregate of payments exceeding twenty thousand rupees may be made by a person in a day, otherwise than by an account payee cheque drawn on a bank or account payee bank draft.

RULE BEFORE AMENDMENT

The main part of the Rule earlier read as,No disallowance under clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 40A shall be made and no payment shall be deemed to be the profits and gains of business or profession under clause (b) of sub-section (3) of section 40A where any payment in a sum exceeding twenty thousand rupees is made otherwise than by an account payee cheque drawn on a bank or account payee bank draft in the cases and circumstances specified hereunder, namely :-

RULE AFTER AMENDEMENT

Now the amended Rule reads as,No disallowance under sub-section (3) of section 40A shall be made and no payment shall be deemed to be the profits and gains of business or profession under sub-section ( 3A ) of section 40A where a payment or aggregate of payments made to a person in a day, otherwise than by an account payee cheque drawn on a bank or account payee bank draft, exceeds twenty thousand rupees in the cases and circumstances specified hereunder, namely:-