Cricket - Things you can learn from this game

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)

15 December 2010  

CRICKET - THINGS YOU CAN LEARN FROM THIS GAME

(A) INTRODUCTION

10.38 PM, 14th Dec.2010 -  I Have just called my  Digital TV customer care executive to start Ten Cricket on my Set Top Box so that I can enjoy IND-SA series starting from 16th Dec ( Yaar PCC exams khatam ho gaye ab toh dekh sakta hoon na !!) ;).

I am crazy about cricket just like any other cricket follower. In India Cricket is more than a sport and Sachin ,another name of God . :)

Is Cricket just an another mode of entertainment ???

My Answer is No. It is more than just a game and one can learn a lot from it's Historical Events .

So you don't agree with me !! . Hmmmm.....Again I have to apply my writing skills to convince you . Give me some time to think !!

10.58 PM, 14th Dec.2010 - Guys I am Back and ready to shoot. But before I start my article I want to make 2 things clear :-

(1) This is totally my Idea ( Jo mere Shaitani Dimaag ki Upaj Hai ) and

(2) I equally respect each and every game and one can learnt from any sports.... Ok then Get , Set and GO ..........

(B) CRICKET - THINGS YOU CAN LEARN FROM THIS GAME

(1) COMMITMENT 

Anil Kumble with a broken jaw and gets Brian Lara lbw -India vs WI 4th test Antigua 2002

This shows your Commitment towards your Profession. Choose the Career of your choice and then give your 100% to it and you will get unbelievable results.

The sight of Anil Kumble emerging from the pavilion, ready to bowl, his face bandaged, in the Antigua Test of 2002, is one of cricket's most inspiring.

He bowled 14 consecutive overs and finally  dismissed  Brian Lara while bowling with a broken jaw. He was due to fly back to Bangalore the following day for surgery, and as he said, "At least I can now go home with the thought that I tried my best.

"It was one of the bravest things I've seen on the field of play," said Sir Vivian  Richards later.

Batting at No. 7 (Ajay Ratra at No. 8 made a century), Kumble was hit by Mervyn  Dillon. He spat out blood but batted on for another 20 minutes. 

(2)  CONCENTRATION , TEMPERAMENT AND MOTIVATION

SACHING SCORING A CENTURY AFTER HIS FATHER'S DEATH , 29th May 1999 India vs Kenya , Bristol: 

Sachin Tendulkar's 140 not out in the match against Kenya said a lot about the temperament that the litle champion possesses. India were under pressure to win the match to stay in contention as they had lost their previous two games to South Africa and Zimbabwe. Sachin had not taken part in the match against Zimbabwe as he had to return to India because of the rather unfortunate death of his father. However he made it a point to return to England for the World Cup. His hundred against Kenya is still talked about as one of the great knocks of all time simply because of all the pressures (most of them non-cricketing) he was under.

This shows that the biggest Motivator in this world is you yourself. If you want to do something then do it for yourself.  

(3) LEADERSHIP - LEADING BY EXAMPLE

GREAME SMITH BATTING WITH BROKEN HAND - AUS V/s SA , 3rd test 5th Day,  Sydney , 7th Jan.2009 

S.A. was struggling to save test match against Aussies and with 9 wickets down and there was no way that the South African captain Graeme Smith could come to bat in the last wicket, “Smith walked out at No. 11, looking to survive 8.2 overs with a broken hand, his own blood recently injected into his right elbow, and a desperate Australian attack”

It was a special moment in World Cricket to watch Smith come out from that dressing room to bat in No. 11 with his broken hand and all the Australian crowd giving Graeme a standing ovation was really inspiring.

There is a saying that a Leader s'd lead from the front by setting an example for others and that's what we learn from this instance.

(4) NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE

MOHD. KAIF AND YUVRAJ PARTNERSHIP AT LORDS, NATWEST SERIES FINAL , IND V/s ENG , 14TH JULY 2002

Chasing as mammoth a target of 325 , India was struggling at 5-146 with all big guns back to the pavilion.  Two Youngsters Kaif and Yuvraj were on the crease but no one was expecting miracles from them. 

However, Yuvraj and Kaif had different designs altogether. They played brilliantly, forged a fantastic partnership at the crucial stage and saw India romp home. Y.Singh scored 69 and M.Kaif 87 notout to bring one of the finest wins in the history of one-day cricket.

This shows that when no one believes you than it's good that you have no pressure to preform and then you will give your best shot. 

(5) NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE AS IMPOSSIBLE ITSELF SAYS I AM POSSIBLE

VVS LAXMAN 73* V/s AUSSIES WHILE BATTING WITH A RUNNER TO GUIDE INDIA TO THRILLING ONE WICKET WIN ,India 405 & 216-9, Australia 428 & 192., IND V/S AUS 1ST TEST , MOHALI , OCT.2010

CHASING A TARGET OF 216 , INDIA WAS STRUGGLING AT 124-8. FROM THERE VVS LAXMAN . striving with his back injury, batted with a runner and proved his talents once again by scoring the winning run for India.

This shows that anything is possible but you have to believe yourself and have confidence in your ability. 

(C) CONCLUSION

< WITH THIS I CONCLUDE MY ARTICLE AND I HOPE THAT YOU MUST HAVE ENJOYED IT AND FOLLOW.THE POINTS FROM IT.
< LINKS TO OTHER ARTICLES OF THIS SERIES

Mahabharata - 7 things you can learn from this Epic

>>  7 Things you can learn from GURU  -- THE MOVIE