Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students > CPT >

Correspondence in CA

Pages : 1

QA Manager

[ Scorecard : 32]
Posted On 10 June 2008 at 23:05 Report Abuse

I am planning on pursuing Chartered Accountancy through ICAI. Does anyone know if this can be done through correspondence or on-line-degree?I read that ICAI-online will be soon coming. Does anyone know how & where i gather more information?

What is Articleship? Do i have to work somewhere or can this be done through correspondence as well?

Plz correct me if I am wrong in the following

Step 1) Pass CPT

Step 2) Do ITT, do Articleship, Pass PCC

Step 3) Pass PCE

After step 3 one becomes a CA

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Nitesh Jain
CA Final Student & Manager(Accounts & Taxation)

[ Scorecard : 91]
Posted On 11 June 2008 at 12:36

Dear Vidya,

The ICAI online is the facility only for services just like sbionline and not for the course. The Chartered Accountancy Course is itself a Correspondence Course. In this there are three steps.

1. CPT - Entry Level Objective Type Examination held every year in June & Dec in first week. For appearing in the Common Proficiency Test(CPT) you have to register atleast before 2 months.

2. After passing in CPT, the second level is Professional Competence Course(PCC). In this, you will be entered in articleship for 3 and half years. During the articleship, you have to complete a Information Technology Training(ITT) of 100 Hours. On completing your 18 months training you can appear for Professional Competence Examinations(PCE).

3. After passing in PCE you have to register for Final and you have to complete remaining Articleship Training during your Final Course. You have to complete full training of 3 and half months before the date of Final Examination.

4. The above are the study level. Further, you have to complete a 15 days General Management & Communication Skills Training(GMCS). After completing all the above steps you will get degree of CA.

The Institute is planning for online studies through Gyandarshan Channel through lectures on various subjects and not online studies.

For any other assistance, please feel free to contact me at niteshca @ rediffmail.com.

Thanks,

Vidya
QA Manager

[ Scorecard : 32]
Posted On 11 June 2008 at 16:24

Nitesh, Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Really appreciate it!

Plese help me with few more questions.

Q1) Its really good that CA is a correspondence course. Now, does it mean that i have to go to some examination centre to give exam or the question paper is sent to student in post.

Q2) What is Articleship? Is it like internship where I have to work under/with someone.

Q3) Does the ICAI help/direct students where to do Articleship?

Q4) Is it true that Articleship can be done in the USA? Any idea how?

Priyanka Kala
Student CA & CS

[ Scorecard : 1397]
Posted On 11 June 2008 at 20:24

Thanks for the info dear.

Priyanka Kala
Student CA & CS

[ Scorecard : 1397]
Posted On 11 June 2008 at 20:24

Thanks for the info dear.

Satya Narain Gupta
CA final student

[ Scorecard : 496]
Posted On 12 June 2008 at 10:37

CA is full time course in which 3 and half year full time training under a practicizing chartered accountant is needed. How it may be correspondence course

There are 5 Replies to this message