Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students >

Change in syllabus may 2014

Pages : 1

Article Assistant

[ Scorecard : 29]
Posted On 23 May 2012 at 09:54 Report Abuse

Hi all,

I am Lakshmi from Madurai, CA Final student (IPCC route) currently pursuing articleship, I am eligible for Final attempt only during May 2014, and I had registered for Final Course and received the Materials too. Though I have two more years, My Seniors guided me to start going classes from now to score good marks. But I came to know that syllabus is being updated by ICAI, Now I’m in great confusion whether to go classes now or wait till the syllabus for my attempt is confirmed. I thought problem papers will not have more variations in current syllabus and updated syllabus but people say that Management Accounting and Operational Research are going to be split into two papers and Operational Research will get more weightage in marks. Kindly advise me whether there will be change in syllabus if yes, which papers?

Shall I Start going classes from now? For which papers(either problematic \ Theoretical).

Kindly help me to take a decision.

Thank You,

Regards,

Lakshmi.k

Online classes for CA CS CMA

CA Tushar Lakhanpal
CA

[ Scorecard : 416]
Posted On 23 May 2012 at 10:02

subjects like costings, ISCA, SFM not have much for updation u can start preparing for them

further in audit, law, AND Hopefully Financial reporting won't see any big changes so they can also be started

buzz is about DT and IDT .. about the introduction of Direct Tax code and GST  so leave these 2 for now

CA SUNNY AGGARWAL
Tax Consultant

[ Scorecard : 560]
Posted On 23 May 2012 at 10:05

FIRST THING,, YOU SHOUD AVOIDE RUMOURS.

YOU SHOULD TRUST ONLY THE NOTIFICATIONS WHICH ARE ISSUED BY ICAI AND PRESENTED ON ITS WEBSITE.

IF YOU ARE DOUBTFUL FOR SOME SUBJECT LIKE COSTING, THEN YOU SHOULD TAKE COACHING FOR OTHER SUBJECTS WHICH HAVE NOMINAL AMENDMENTS LIKE ISCA, LAW, AUDIT, ACCOUNTS, SFM

DT & IDT MAY HAVE SOME MAJOR AMENDMENTS DURING THIS PERIOD DUE TO CHANCES OF APPLICABILITY OF DTC & GST (ALTHOUGH CHANCES ARE LOW) BUT RISK IS IN YOUR HANDS.

THANKX

Indrani biswas
articled assistant

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 17 August 2012 at 23:18

i too have my due in may2014 and i am confused whether to take accounts tution in nov12 or not...will ifrs be implemented in our term...

There are 3 Replies to this message

Related Files