Home > Experts > VAT > VAT & Service Tax to Construction Company???

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

VAT & Service Tax to Construction Company??? (VAT)

This query is : Open

( Querist )

We are a Residential Township Construction Company.

There are two companies under our group.
Company A is under obligation to build the Infrastructure for Company B after which Company B will build the Houses.

Now at the time of issuing infrastructure construction bills, I encounter with the following queries.

1 Company A used both labour & materials for building infrastructure. How we should raise the bill? Are VAT & Service Tax both applicable? How should we calculate both of them?

2 If Company A charges both VAT & ST in bills, will Company B be able to take input credit in its ongoing activites?

3 Plz suggest any special provision, if any hit us anyways..

4 I have heard about WCT/WSC. Do we come under this?

We are in Gujarat

Plz suggest in detail…

97277 07911

First of all, are you registered for service tax? if so under what category. What exactly the infrastructure serves rendered. KIndly provide this to answer your query