Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

Home > Experts > Taxpayers > Urgent ! letter from itd,compliance management cell

Urgent ! letter from itd,compliance management cell (Taxpayers)

This query is : Open

Dear Sirs,
5 days ago I received a letter from the compliance management cell of the income tax dept having subject -"non filing of income tax returns, regarding" stating therein that they have received certain information regarding some financial transactions done by me during FY2009-10 and FY 2010-11 and asking me to tick the status of filing as not taxable income, efiled ,business closed or return preparation in process.
As I could not file my tax returns due to prolonged illness, frequent hospitalisations and unfortunate death of both my parents during FY 2009-12 how should I respond to this letter?
As IT return filing is time barred now how can I file my returns for FY2009-10 and FY2010-11 at this stage? I would like to efile all my returns .Please guide me in detail.