tds on sales promotion

we are going to make a payment towards sponsership of school annual day cleberations for Rs.100000. at what rate i have to deduct tds and under which section i have to deduct tds.

kindly help me

chetan soni (Expert)

If this is a kind of donations then you don't need to deduct the TDS.

If you want to show this sales promotion expenses then you need to deduct the tds on it. It will be basically form under sec. 194J, the applicable rate of TDS will be 10%.

ACMA Obulirajan R (Expert)

I dont think you can deduct tds on that.. since the school is neither directly nor indirectly promote your sale. If at all you wanna deduct tds then under sec 194H 10% rate.