Home > Experts > Service Tax > Surrender of Service Tax Registration

Surrender of Service Tax Registration (Service Tax)

05 July 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,
I cannot find the procedure to surrender service tax number of service provider.If i try to surrender through ACES after registration its shows that no ST-1 has been filed.If i file ST-1 Department will consider me as new registration.Please provide me with proper solution as early as possible

Thanking you in anticipation

NITISH SHARMA
CA-PCC

Aditya Maheshwari

05 July 2010

First u will have to apply for generation of username and password from ur concerned service tax officer in the format given below:

(On the letterhead of the company)

To,
The Assistant Commissioner,
Service Tax Division,
Mumbai.

Sub: Email – ID & Assessee Code No. (PAN based) for ACES – Reg.

We have been informed that CBEC has launched a new software application called Automation of central Excise & Service Tax (ACES) in the Service Tax Commissionerate, Mumbai, and for working in the ACES application, it is essential for the Assessees to furnish their correct and current email – id and Assessee (15 digit PAN based) Code number to the department so that the users can register with ACES and also send or receive communication to and from the ACES application.

In this Connection, we furnish below our email – id and Assessee (15 digits PAN based) Code number, which can be used for all transactions in the ACES:
1) Email –Id :
2) Assessee (15 digits PAN based) Code number :
3) Constitution of Business :
(Proprietor, Partnership, Public/Private Limited Company, registered trust, Society/ Co-operative Society and Others)

We also undertake that in case of any change in email – Id in future, we will duly intimate the department of the change and also carry out Amendment in our Registration Form in the ACES on our own.

I, hereby declare that I am duly authorized by M/s. ________ to sign this declaration and the contents of this declaration are true and correct.

Yours Faithfully,

(Signature of Authorized Signatory)
Name:

Designation:
Contact No:

They only u can cancel ur registration.

CA CS Prakash Somani (A helpin

05 July 2010

Addition to the above talk to the department itself on how to proceed in this matter. i hope it will help :)

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA

08 July 2010

AGREE WITH SH.SOMANI JI