Submission of t2 to delhi vat department,

01 February 2013

The notification of 31.03.2013 has made it obligatory for dealers whose GTO IS >=10 CRORES AND WHOSE VAT,CST,TDS LIABILITY IS >=50 LAKHS( EITHER ACHIEVED IN PREVIOUS YEAR OR ACHIEVED/LIKELY TO BE ACHIEVED IN CURRENT YEAR) TO FILE DETAILS IN T2 FROM 01.03.2013 AND FOR ALL OTHER DEALERS FROM 01.04.2013 ONWARDS.

EVEN THOUGH OUR GTO IS > 10 CRORES, WE BEING A DEALER DEALING ONLY IN INTERSTATE SALES ,OUR VAT,CST LIABILITY IS LESS THAN 50 LAKHS. MY READING OF THE NOTIFICATION IS BOTH THE CONDITIONS IE GTO AND TAX LIABILITY IS TO BE MET. IN OUR CASE THE LIABILITY OF FILING T2 SHALL COMMENCE ONLY FROM 01.04.2013. I WOULD LIKE AN OPINION ON MY INTERPRETATION.

REGARDS,
P.S.VISHWANATHAN